Xiaomi Redmi 3 (codename: ido) launched in January 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop. Finally, Mokee OS has started rolling for Xiaomi Redmi 3 (ido) based on Android 9.0 Pie. Yes! The Mokee OS on Xiaomi Redmi 3 is now officially available to download from the official Mokee website. Download and install Mokee OS on Xiaomi Redmi 3.
If you would like to try Mokee OS on Xiaomi Redmi 3 device, then you need to unlock Bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. You should have the latest TWRP Recovery running to flash the Oreo-based Custom ROM. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for Xiaomi Redmi 3 (ido). So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about the Mokee OS and its feature.
What is Mokee ROM?
Mokee OS is an open source Custom ROM based on AOSP. It was first started by a small group of Chinese developers during the Jellybean rollout, Mokee ROM was China’s first steps into the open source world of Android. The OS brings few customizations which obviously give breath to those who still on Stock ROM. According to Mokee OS, the source code is been frequently updated to keep up with the latest development. The project was started on 12th of December 2012, and from then, the ROM was committed to making better and better.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called MokeeOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the MokeeOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
How to Install Mokee OS on Xiaomi Redmi 3
Make sure, you follow all the pre-requisites and download the required files to install Mokee OS on your Xiaomi Redmi 3.
- This ROM is Supported by Xiaomi Redmi 3 (ido)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method given below)
Step to Install on Xiaomi Redmi 3:
- First of all, to install any custom ROM, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi 3.
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi 3. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the required ROM file and move it to your internal storage using USB Cable.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide to flash Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- How to root your Xiaomi Redmi 3 using SuperSU or Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Mokee OS on Xiaomi Redmi 3. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.