Motorola is now rolling the most awaited Android Oreo update in China. Moto Z OCC27.102-18 Oreo Update is now seeding into various devices across the Chinese region. Motorola had been conducting soak tests all around various regions. It is a late update for sure but it brings the cool features of Android oreo. The latest software version number that moves into the device is OCC27.102-18.The security level of the Moto Z has also been stepped up with March 2018 security patch.
The Moto Z OCC27.102-18 Oreo update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) as we speak. This OTA update file is large in size, so, connect to a strong Wi-Fi network to download OTA. We will also put up the OTA firmware download link. You can manually install it and avail the Moto Z OCC27.102-18 Oreo update. It brings all the features from Android 8.0 Oreo. Below you can find the download link and tutorial to install it.
Moto Z is a dual SIM smartphone launched in June 2016. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels. It runs on 1.8 GHz QualcommSnapdragon 820 processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. The device brings a 13-megapixel primary camera for the rear and 5-megapixel front face camera.
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Instant App, Auto-fill API, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life etc.
Download OTA: Moto Z OCC27.102-18 Oreo update
You can download the Moto Z OCC27.102-18 Oreo update in China in two ways. Either you manually capture the airborne OTA or manually install the OTA firmware.
To manually capture the OTA,
- In the Home screen, Tap on All apps, and then tap Settings.
- Go to About Phone.
- Tap System updates.
- Click on OK to check for the latest OS.
- If you have the update, Tap DOWNLOAD to download the update
- Wait for a couple of hours to complete the download (depends on the speed)
- Once the download is completed, you will be prompted to install the new software.
- Tap the notification to begin the upgrade process.
- Tap OK to begin the update process.
Download OTA Firmware
How To Install Moto Z OCC27.102-18 Oreo update
Before proceeding with the manual flashing,
- Ensure that your phone is not rooted.
- This OTA is exclusively for Moto Z.
- Do not use this firmware on other Motorola devices.
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage to your device while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
You will also require the Minimal ADB tool for flashing this Moto Z OCC27.102-18 Oreo Update manually.
Steps of Installation
Step-1 Download and Install ADB on your PC
Step-2 Copy OTA ZIP to the Installation directory.
Step-3 Boot your Moto Z Play into Fastboot > Recovery > Stock Recovery
Step-4 Select Apply update through ADB
Step-5 Open ADB on your PC
Step-6 Connect your device to the PC using the micro USB cable.
Step-7 ADB sideload OTA firmware filename.zip.
Step-8 Press enter and it will start.
Step-9 Wait while the installation process completes.
That’s all you have to do. If you have any queries let us know through comments.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest firmware updates for Motorola Android smartphones.