Great news for US Moto Z Play users. Now Moto Z Play US Oreo Soak Test is rolling live in all regions of the USA. The update is rolling with build number NPNS26.118-22-2-12 for the device in this Soak test. It is the Blur_Version.27.1.28. Along with this build, your phone will upgrade to latest Google Security patch of January 2018. Most recently we reported on the Moto Z Oreo soak test going on in India. This update is a part of the trial purpose, if things go as planned, Motorola will also start rolling the same build to all across the globe with Moto Z users. As we stated, this Moto Z Play US Oreo Soak Test is a Beta update.
The Moto Z Play US Oreo Soak Test is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) as we speak. This update is only for those who signed up for the Motorola feedback program. If you already signed up, then it may take some time to reach every user in the USA. This OTA update weighs around 1.6 GB in size. We have also put up the OTA firmware download link. You can manually install it and avail the Moto Z Play US Oreo Soak Test. It brings all the features from Android 8.0 Oreo. Below you can find the download link and tutorial to install it.
Moto Z Play is a dual SIM smartphone launched in August 2016. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. It runs on 2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and 3 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. This device packs a 32 GB of expandable internal storage. The device brings a 16-megapixel primary camera for the rear and 5-megapixel front face camera.
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Instant App, Auto-fill API, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life etc.
Download OTA: Moto Z Play US Oreo Soak Test
You can download the Moto Z Play US Oreo Soak Test OTA in the USA in two ways. Either you manually capture the airborne OTA or manually install the OTA firmware.
To manually capture the OTA,
- In the Home screen, Tap on All apps, and then tap Settings.
- Go to About Phone.
- Tap System updates.
- Click on OK to check for the latest OS.
- If you have the update, Tap DOWNLOAD to download the update
- Wait for couple of hours to complete the download (depends on the speed)
- Once the download is completed, you will be prompted to install the new software.
- Tap the notification to begin the upgrade process.
- Tap OK to begin the update process to software version NPNS26.118-22-2-12.
Download OTA Firmware
How To Install Moto Z Play US Oreo Soak Test
Before proceeding with the manual flashing,
- If you are not in soak, then you don’t get next soak update via OTA
- Ensure that your phone is not rooted.
- This OTA is exclusively for Moto Z Play.
- Do not use this firmware on other Motorola devices.
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage to your device while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
You will also require the Minimal ADB tool for flashing this Moto Z Play US Oreo Soak Test manually.
Steps of Installation
Step-1 Download and Install ADB on your PC
Step-2 Copy OTA ZIP to the Installation directory.
Step-3 Boot your Moto Z Play into Fastboot > Recovery > Stock Recovery
Step-4 Select Apply update through ADB
Step-5 Open ADB on your PC
Step-6 Connect your device to the PC using the micro USB cable.
Step-7 ADB sideload Blur_Version.27.1.28.addison.retail.en.US.zip.
Step-8 Press enter and it will start.
Step-9 Wait while the installation process completes.
That’s all you have to do. If you have any queries let us know through comments.
Follow GetDroidTips for all the latest firmware updates for Motorola Android smartphones.