New Update Story
Updated on June 25, 2020: Lenovo-owned smartphone brand Motorola has started pushing the latest June 2020 security patch for the Motorola One device via the RETLA channel. The handset is getting a new software version QPKS30.54-22-9 based on Android 10. The update is also live on the RETEU channel. However, the RETBR channel seems to have some bug like the status bar, ghost image on the status bar appearing that looks like there are some pending notifications.
As the firmware OTA update is rolling out in batches, we will recommend users to wait for the official update notification and meantime, keep checking the OTA update manually.
Updated on May 30, 2020: Motorola started seeding May 2020 Security patch for Motorola One with build number QPKS30.54-22-7 which upgrades the device from the April patch. If you already running the latest patch, then you may receive the update anytime soon. Download for the new patch is not available yet, so kindly be patient.
Updated on May 2, 2020: Today Motorola rolled April 2020 Security Patch update to Motorola One (deen) globally. The update labeled with build number QPKS30.54-22-6 which is based on Android 10. In this guide, you can follow our instructions to install the April 2020 Security Patch for Motorola One.
Well, the security patch fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. We highly recommend you to install the latest patch to secure your Motorola One in the future cyber-attack. You can check for the latest software update by going into device Settings > System > System updates.
Firmware Details: QPKS30.54-22-6
- Device Name: Motorola One (deen)
- Region: Global
- New Build Number: QPKS30.54-22-7
- Previous Build Number: QPKS30.54-22-6
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: Recovery Method
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-5-01
How to Install Firmware on Motorola One
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Motorola One device, make sure you follow the below steps properly.
- This will work only on Motorola One
- Download Firmware:
- QPKS30.54-22-7: Download
- QPKS30.54-22-6: Download
- To flash firmware, you must first unlock the bootloader on Motorola One.
- Download ADB Android SDK Platform Tool
- Download and Install Motorola USB drivers on your PC.
Steps to Install Motorola One Software update: QPKS30.54-22-6
- First, download the Motorola One firmware from above.
- You need to extract the downloaded firmware to the platform-tools folder.
- On an empty space inside the folder, press SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space. Select Open PowerShell window here from the pop-up that appears.
- You can now connect your Motorola One to the PC using USB Cable, and make sure it is unlocked. Enter the following command in the command-line window:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will now enter bootloader mode.
- Once it has, make sure to verify whether your device connected properly by entering the below command:
- The above command will return an output with the device ID. If it doesn’t, make sure that you have installed the drivers and reboot your machine
- Enter the following commands now to flash the factory image and restore stock firmware on the Moto G device. There may be a chance that your device or variant has an extra or a less number of system.img_sparsechunk file, so make sure to flash accordingly. If you are downgrading your Moto G’s firmware, do not flash gpt.bin and bootloader.img/motoboot.img files.
fastboot getvar max-sparse-size fastboot oem fb_mode_set fastboot flash partition gpt.bin fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img fastboot flash modem_a NON-HLOS.bin fastboot flash fsg_a fsg.mbn fastboot erase modemst1 fastboot erase modemst2 fastboot flash dsp_a adspso.bin fastboot flash logo_a logo.bin fastboot flash boot_a boot.img fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.0 fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.1 fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.2 fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.3 fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.4 fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.5 fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.6 fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.7 fastboot flash system_a system.img_sparsechunk.8 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.0 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.1 fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img_sparsechunk.0 fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img_sparsechunk.1 fastboot flash oem_a oem.img fastboot flash oem_b oem_other.img fastboot erase cache fastboot erase userdata fastboot erase DDR fastboot oem fb_mode_clear fastboot reboot
- Once everything is done, reboot the phone:
Once your device boots, you will see the initial setup instructions. Now, this is how you can install the Motorola One software update and it’s pretty easy for anyone to follow. If you have any queries or feel stuck, let us know via the comments below.