Updated on July 31, 2020: The July 2020 security update is now live for the Realme 3 and Realme 3i smartphone. The update has been pushed via OTA in batches and arrives with version number RMX1821EX_11.C.14. The update weighs in around 352 MB in size and there are a bunch of new features and fixes with this new July update for the Realme 3 and 3i. Here is the complete changelog:
- Updated Android Security Patch: July 2020
- Optimized flight mode, Bluetooth status will not be affected after flight mode is turned on
- Fixed the rename Cloned App failure issue
- Fixed the probabilistic fingerprint unlock failure issue while screen-off
- Assistive Ball
- Fixed the assistive ball fail to retract issue after clicking the menu
- Fixed the probabilistic crash issue when select operation mode
- Smart Sidebar
- Fixed the probabilistic crash issue when press and hold in smart sidebar
- Game Space
- Fixed the game assistant failure issue
- Fixed the setting data loss issue after update
If you have not received the update notification and want to update your phones right away, then you can grab the update package file from the below section:
New Update Story:
Updated on July 4, 2020: Realme 3i and 3 are now receiving a new software build from Realme which although brings in the June 2020 security patchset, but also bundles in with tons of new features and enhancements. Note that both the phone have already grabbed the June 2020 security patchset but this new update also adds several new features to the duo. The update for Realme 3 is arriving with version RMX1825EX_11_C.13 and the Realme 3i is getting updated with version RMX1827EX_11_C.13. Here is the complete changelog of the update:
● Android security patch: June, 2020
● Added DocVault
● Added realme Link
● Optimized hanging issue in low memory state
● Optimized fingerprint recognition speed
● Optimized touch failure issue in some scenarios during game
● Optimized the issue that no response while touching the edges and corners of the screen
Known issue fixed
● Optimized the sensitive issue of compass
● Optimized video scene brightness and color saturation
● Fixed the issue that without game dirac sound effect while entering some games
Updated on June 12, 2020: Realme 3 and 3i in India started receiving the June 2020 patch with software version RMX1825EX_11_C.11 (Realme 3) / RMX1827EX_11_C.11 (3i).
Realme 3 and 3i started receiving June 2020 security patch update with software version RMX1821EX_11.C.11. The update also added DocVault and Realme Link. Check the complete changelog below
Updated on May 16, 2020: Today Relame started rolling May 2020 security patch for the Realme 3 and 3i which bumps the software version RMX1827EX_11_C.10. This update is based on Android 10. Well, recently we shared the Android 10 build for Realme 3 and 3i. Check out the changelog table to find what’s new in this version RMX1821EX_11_C.10.
Updated on April 21, 2020: Today Realme rolled April 2020 Security Patch update to Realme 3 and 3i (RMX1821EX) globally. The update labeled with build number RMX1821EX_11.A.28 which is is based on Android 9.0 Pie under ColorOS 6.7. In this guide, you can follow our instructions to install the April 2020 Security Patch for Realme 3/3i.
There are no major changes apart from the security patch level which fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. We highly recommend you to install the latest patch to secure your Realme 3/3i in the future cyber-attack. You can check for the latest software update by going into device Settings > System > System updates.
- Device Name: Realme 3/3i (RMX1821EX)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: RMX1821EX_11_C.10
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: Recovery Method
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-05-01
Known issue fixed
RMX1825EX_11_C.11 (Realme 3)
RMX1827EX_11_C.11 (Realme 3i)
● Android security patch: April, 2020System
● Fixed some known issues and improved system stability.
How to Install Firmware on Realme 3/3i
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Realme 3/3i device, make sure you follow the below steps properly.
- This firmware (RMX1821EX_11.A.28) is only supported for Realme 3/3i.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Realme 3/3i with build number RMX1821EX_11.A.28. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.