Today AT&T Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A) received the latest Android Security Patch for February 2018. The update bumps the software version to N920AUCS5ERB2 which brings February 2018 Security patch along with regular bug fixes and improvement. The software is based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
Talking about the specs, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 features a 5.7-inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Exynos 7420 Octa processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 comes with the 16MP rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android Nougat and backed by Removable Li-Ion 3,000 mAh battery.
The update is currently rolling via Over the air (OTA) for users running the stock firmware. If you are rooted, then you are not eligible for upgrading to the latest OS via OTA. In case if you have already received the update with build number N920AUCS5ERB2, then hit the download button to start the upgrade process. If not received, then check for the update manually by following the steps below.
Table of Contents
How to Update N920AUCS5ERB2 Software on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 manually?
Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone. You can tap the option titled “Download Updates Manually”. If the update is not available, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any modified firmware.
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest N920AUCS5ERB2 update on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920A. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading February Security Patch for SamsungGalaxy Note 5.
Here is the current update: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Release date: March 9, 2018
- Android version: 7.0
- Security patch level (SPL): February 1, 2018
- Baseband version: N920AUCS5ERB2
- Build number: NRD90M.N920AUCS5ERB2
- Build fingerprint: 7.0/NRD90M/N920AUCS5ERB2
- Previous version required: N920AUCS5ERA2
- File size: 15MB
- What’s changing: Android device security updates
Steps to Install N920AUCS5ERB2 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any custom ROM. You can always follow this simple guide to update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on AT&T Galaxy Note 5.
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for AT&T Galaxy Note 5 [SM-N920A]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to N920AUCS5ERB2 on Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920A.
Also, you may like to Check Popular Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices
So, that’s it. Install the latest Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920AUCS5ERB2 update from AT&T. The latest patch will fortify your device against all latest security vulnerability.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all latest firmware updates for Samsung Galaxy series smartphones.