AT&T rolled the latest Google Security Patch update for April 2018 with build number N920AUCS5ERD1 for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A). The update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat and currently rolling via OTA. With this update, AT&T has fixed critical vulnerabilities that were discovered in the AndroidOS aside from countless moderate-risk and high-risk vulnerabilities.
Talking about the specs, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 features a 5.7-inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Exynos 7420 Octa processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 comes with the 16MP rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android Nougat and backed by Removable Li-Ion 3,000 mAh battery.
The rollout is gradual, it may take some time to reach every user around in AT&T Network US. So you can either wait for the software update to hit your phone or you can manually upgrade your phone to this latest build N920AUCS5ERD1 using our manual guide.
If you are running Stock ROM with roots or mods, then your OTA update may fail. You can manually upgrade to N920AUCS5ERD1 build on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A) by following the below instructions to upgrade via ODIN Downloader.
Still not received the OTA update? Then follow the below instruction to check for new OTA update on your phone.
How to Check Software Update on AT&T Galaxy Note 5?
- In your phone, tap the Menu Key > Open Settings > Tap on About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding to download, AT&T Galaxy Note 5 must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading April 2018 Security for AT&T Galaxy Note 5. As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
- Android P: Supported Device List, Features and Release Date
- How to Flash Android P Developer Preview Factory Image on your device
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Data and More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Stock Firmware collections
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (All Variant)
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Release date: May 7, 2018
- Android version: 7.0
- Security patch level (SPL): April 1, 2018
- Baseband version: N920AUCS5ERD1
- Build number: NRD90M.N920AUCS5ERD1
- Previous version required: N920AUCU5ERB5
- File size: 19.2MB
- What’s changing: Android device security updates
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices