AT&T rolled the latest Google Security Patch update for March 2018 with build number N920AUCU5ERB5 for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with model SM-N920A. The update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat and currently rolling via OTA for US AT&T carrier. With this update, AT&T has fixed critical vulnerabilities that were discovered in the AndroidOS aside from countless moderate-risk and high-risk vulnerabilities. As per the record, Samsung also fixed their own software vulnerabilities.
Talking about the specs, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 features a 5.7-inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Exynos 7420 Octa processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 comes with the 16MP rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android Nougat and backed by Removable Li-Ion 3,000 mAh battery.
The rollout is gradual, it may take some time to reach every user around the globe. So you can either wait for the software update to hit your phone or you can manually upgrade your phone to this latest build N920AUCU5ERB5 using our manual guide.
If you are running Stock ROM with roots or mods, then your OTA update may fail. You can manually upgrade to N920AUCU5ERB5 build on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A) by following the below instructions to upgrade via ODIN Downloader.
Still not received the OTA update? Then follow the below instruction to check for new OTA update on your phone.
How to Check Software Update on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920A?
- In your phone, tap the Menu Key > Open Settings > Tap on About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK.That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding to download, AT&T Galaxy Note 5 must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading March 2018 Security for Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A). As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
Table of Contents
- What’s changing: Mobile Hotspot APN fix and Android device security updates
Steps to Install N920AUCU5ERB5 on AT&T Galaxy Note 5 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on AT&T Galaxy Note 5.
Link Expired… Coming Soon
Required Odin And Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported by AT&T Galaxy Note 5
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to N920AUCU5ERB5 on Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920A.
I hope this guide was helpful to install a new software update on your device.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices