As the month of November comes to an end, Samsung continues to roll software updates to its smartphones. Though the Korean OEM has been busy testing Android 10 for its premium flagships, it has not left out the latest trending device. Currently, it is rolling out the November 2019 security patch for the Galaxy Fold with the latest software update with build number F900FXXU2ASKD. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
While the OTA update is moving over-the-air, users in some regions may receive it sooner than other places. So, those who feel that the software update is delaying for them, they can straight away install the F900FXXU2ASKD firmware zip on their devices. We have put up the OTA zip file and also the installation guide. So, it will be convenient for the users to install the new firmware.
It may happen that you could miss the automatic OTA update due to batched rollout. So, the next option is to search for the update manually. To do it,
- Go to the phone Settings > System Update > tap on Check for Latest Updates.
If the November 2019 update F900FXXU2ASKD shows up on your device, then tap on the Download button and Install the update. Charge the battery on your device up to 50% before you install the update. Also, use of the Wi-Fi network to download the software without spending your carrier data.
Now, before we flashing the firmware let’s throw a glance on the firmware info.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Model: SM-F900F
- Baseband Version: F900FXXU2ASKD
- Security Patch Level: 2019-11-01 (November )
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install F900FXXU2ASKD Galaxy Fold November 2019 Patch
To install the latest F900FXXU2ASKD firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Fold, you have to make use of the exclusive Samsung flash tool called the ODIN tool. We have linked up ODIN and other important tools that you will require during the installation process. So, make sure to grab it before you move towards the installation.
- The firmware zip file is only for Galaxy Fold (SM-F900F). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- You will need to enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.