Samsung started rolling the January 2020 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F) with build number N950FXXS8DSL3. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 device in the European region.
As we speak, the update is live in Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region. The update is based on Android 10. If you haven’t received the update on your Galaxy Note 8 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Device overview:
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in August 2017. The phone comes with a 6.30-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels. It runs on 1.7 GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor and 6 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device packs 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Galaxy Note 8 brings a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the N950FXXS8DSL3 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F)
- Region: Europe
- Build number: N950FXXS8DSL3
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-01-01
- Supported Country: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 8
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (N950FXXS8DSL3) is supported for Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device
Firmware Installation Guide
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the January 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy Note 8 with build number N950FXXS8DSL3. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.