Updated on June 15, 2020: Today T-Mobile rolled the same build number (N950USQS7DTE5) with June 2020 patch for Galaxy Note 8.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950U) started receiving June 2020 security patch in the USA region with build number N950USQS7DTE5. The update is now available to download officially for Verizon carriers.
As we speak, this update is available for download via OTA (over the air) which fixes the potential security issues with some bug fixes and improvements. We highly recommend you to install this update for better security enhancements. You can either wait for the software update to hit your device automatically or you can manually install the update (N950USQS7DTE5: June 2020 Security Patch) by following our guide.
To check for the software update, Go into settings on your Verizon Galaxy Note 8, and check the Software update menu. If you have a new update, then hit the download option to start the upgrade process.
Before downloading, make sure that your device battery is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network for faster & stable downloads.
Firmware Details: N950USQS7DTE5
- Model Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Model Number: SM-N950U
- Region: USA (Verizon)
- Build Number: N950USQS7DTE5
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-06-01
How to Flash June 2020 Security Patch on Verizon Galaxy Note 8
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- ROM is supported only on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Verizon variant: SM-N950U
- To avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process, make sure to charge it at least 50% or more
- To install this, you need a PC or Laptop with original or genuine USB Cable
- To avoid losing your data, we always recommend taking a complete backup.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the June 2020 Security patch for your Verizon Galaxy Note 8 model with build number N950USQS7DTE5. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.