A few days back Galaxy Note 8 Exynos variant received Android 8.0 Oreo with build number N950FXXU3CRC1. Today AT&T started rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy Note 8. So, it’s basically raining Android Oreo update everywhere from what it seems. The software version of the device now moves to N950USQU3CRC2. It is based on Samsung Experience 9.0 like other previous Oreo updates we saw.This software is currently rolling in for AT&T Galaxy Note 8 currently. It will gradually roll for all the US Carrier very soon. The security patch level has been stepped up to that of March 2018.
Before we move into upgradation process, let’s talk about the specs. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in August 2017. The phone comes with a 6.30-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels. It runs on 1.7 GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor and 6 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Galaxy Note 8 brings a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users. The rollout is in a phase-wise manner, it may take a couple of days or weeks to receive the update notification on your phone. If you are not patient, then you can upgrade AT&T Galaxy Note 8 to Android 8.0 Oreo with software version N950USQU3CRC2 manually.
Before diving into how to check software update, let’s recap the Android 8.0 Features,
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Before that, we request you to check for the software update manually. Below we have given the complete instructions on how to check software update manually on your device.
How to Manually Capture The N950USQU3CRC2 Android Oreo Update
Here we will instruct on how to manually capture the AT&T Galaxy Note 8 Android 8.0 Oreo with build number N950USQU3CRC2.
Simply Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone.
Before starting the OTA download process,
- Make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you
- Ensure to have enough storage to download and install the N950USQU3CRC2 Android Oreo update.
- choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download the software update for AT&T Galaxy Note 8 it.
- Release date: March 27, 2018
- Android version: 8.0.0
- Security patch level (SPL): March 1, 2018
- Baseband version: N950USQU3CRC2
- Build number: R16NW.N950USQU3CRC2
- Previous version required: N950USQS3BRA8 or N950USQS3BRB2
- File size: 1.4GB
- What’s new: Android 8.0 Oreo
Download Firmware Here
Steps to Install N950USQU3CRC2 on AT&T Galaxy Note 8:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Galaxy Note 8.
Required ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for AT&T Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950U)
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to N950USQU3CRC2 on AT&T Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950U).
I hope this guide was helpful to install a new software update on your device.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest firmware updates for AT&T Galaxy Note 8 and other Samsung smartphones.