Updated on July 08, 2018: After AT&T Carrier, Verizon also updated the Galaxy Note8 to June Security Patch with build number N950USQU4CRF3.
AT&T has started rolling the next security patch for their Samsung Galaxy Note8. Yes, the update of June Security patch is live for Galaxy Note8. The build number bumps to R16NW.N950USQU4CRF3 which brings a bunch of security fixes from Google, along with certain Samsung-specific patches as well. The baseband version N950USQU4CRF3 weighs around 325 MB in size which is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo. The update also fixes a couple of bugs and improves the performance and stability.
The update is rolling the over the air and will soon hit every smartphone running on the SM-N950U variant. Here you can follow our instructions on how to check the latest software update manually on AT&T Galaxy Note8. If you have the OTA update on AT&T Galaxy Note8, then hit the download to upgrade your device to N950USQU4CRF3 June 2018 Security Patch. It is always good to keep your device on the latest software update. In case if you still not received the build N950USQU4CRF3, then make sure to check for the software update manually on AT&T Galaxy Note8.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 features a 5.1-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Exynos 8890 Octa coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes with 12MP rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera.
We recommend you to upgrade your AT&T Galaxy Note8 to the latest security patch to keep safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
How to Check Software Update on AT&T Galaxy Note8?
- Go to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update on AT&T Galaxy Note8, you can hit the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download process completes and your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software update on AT&T Galaxy Note8.
[su_note note_color=”#fcf8d7″ text_color=”#000000″]If you are manually downloading the latest N950USQU4CRF3 June 2018 security patch then hang on to a strong Wi-Fi network. This will help you save your carrier data. Also, keep your phone battery on ample charge. If there is a low power, no update can take place. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the OTA firmware on AT&T Galaxy Note8 using ODIN Software. Below you can find the link to download the stock firmware and guide to install the software update.[/su_note]
- AT&T Galaxy Note8 Stock Firmware Collections
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- List of Android 9.0 P Supported Samsung Galaxy device
- Download G892USQU1BRC4 T-Mobile Galaxy Note8 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware
- Download N950UUCU2BRC5 AT&T Galaxy Note8 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware
- Release date: June 26, 2018
- Android version: 8.0.0
- Security patch level (SPL): June 1, 2018
- Baseband version: N950USQU4CRF3
- Build number: R16NW.N950USQU4CRF3
- Previous version required: N950USQU4CRD7 or N950USQS4CRE1
- File size: Up to 339MB
- What’s changing: Various fixes and enhancements, and Android device security updates
Steps to Install N950USQU4CRF3 manually:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you have not received the OTA update, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any custom ROM. You can always follow this simple guide to update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy Note8.
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for AT&T Galaxy Note8 [SM-A520F]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to N950USQU4CRF3 on Galaxy Note8 SM-A520F.
I hope this guide was helpful to install June 2018 Security Patch on AT&T Galaxy Note8 based on Android 8.0 Oreo.