The South-Korean tech giant Samsung has started rolling out the August 2019 security patch update for Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960F). It comes with the build number N960FXXS3CSH2 and is based on the latest Android 9.0 Pie version. The software update brings some of the bug fixes and system performance improvements as well.
Samsung is rolling out the firmware update via OTA in Caucasus Countries, Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan region and it may take some time globally. The update also brings the latest August 2019 Android Security Patch level to the Galaxy Note 9 for better security and privacy protection. We have shared a full detailed installation guide along with pre-requirements, download links, and other tools. So, check out the full guide below.
The software update is currently available for the Caucasus Countries, Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan region only and offers the latest August 2019 Security Patch. If you have not received then you can check for the OTA update manually.
Check for OTA Updates on Galaxy Note 9
OTA (over-the-air) update comes automatically to a device whenever the manufacturer released an Android update for a particular device. Most of the smartphone OEMs provide OTA updates to its devices in incremental mode and takes a few days to receive completely. However, if your device isn’t receiving any OTA updates automatically, you can check for it.
In order to check for the OTA updates manually on your handset:
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the N960FXXS3CSH2 August 2019 patch update is available on your device, then tap on Download and Install it.
N960FXXS3CSH2: Firmware Details
Here is a little info about the firmware which brings the August 2019 security patch for Galaxy Note 9.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Model: SM-N960F
- Baseband Version: N960FXXS3CSH2
- Region: Caucasus Countries, Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan
- Security Patch Level: 2019-08-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install August 2019 Update on Galaxy Note 9
We have to follow the regular process of using the Samsung Odin flash tool to install or update the Samsung stock firmware on Galaxy Note 9 device. We have provided the full guide below which will help you install the software on your phone. However, make sure to check the guidelines before you begin to flash the new update.
- This Pie-based firmware is only for Galaxy Note 9. Don’t use it other devices.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- A PC/Laptop and USB cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Full Backup without Root on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Here is the download link for the new August 2019 security patch update based stock firmware for Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960F).
Installation Guide for Firmware
After downloading the firmware file, you need to use Odin Flash Tool to flash it on your device. Here is a detailed guide which you can follow to install the firmware on your device.Guide to Install Firmware on any Samsung Device via Odin Tool
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide to Flash Stock ROM on any Device
We hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed the Stock Firmware on your Galaxy Note 9 device. If you’re facing any issues regarding this, you can write down your comments in the comment section below.