Samsung in USA started seeding a January 2021 security patch to US Unlocked Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U1) with build version N960U1UES7FUA1. The update is now live for the USA Carriers like Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, Tracfone, Virgin Mobile, Bluegrass, and Nextech.
The update is rolling via OTA (over the air) for users which brings nothing major changes except security patch. A new security patch for January 2021 month fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. So, it’s highly recommended to install this update for better security enhancements. So, either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can check for it manually on your device.
If you have not received the new build number (N960U1UES7FUA1) on your US Unlocked Galaxy Note 9, then manually check for the OTA update before upgrading your device using the ODIN tool. To check for the January patch or latest update, simply go into Settings > System > System updates.
Before hitting the download button, make sure to charge your phone and connect your device to a good WiFi or Internet network. Carrier charges may be applicable.
Firmware Details: N960U1UES7FUA1
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Model: SM-N960U1
- Region: USA
- Build Number: N960U1UES7FUA1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-01-01
- Supported Carriers: Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, Tracfone, Virgin Mobile, Bluegrass, and Nextech
Table of Contents
How to Flash Stock ROM on Galaxy Note 9 using ODIN
To install the firmware manually, you can simply download the required firmware, tools, and drivers on your computer before following the instruction guide link.
- This firmware (N960U1UES7FUA1) is only supported for US Unlocked Galaxy Note 9.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy Note 9 stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
So, make sure to download the January 2021 Security patch for your US unlocked Galaxy Note 9 model with build number N960U1UES7FUA1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.