Today Verizon rolled a September 2020 Security patch to Galaxy Note 9 with version N960USQS5ETH4.The update based on Android 10 and brings no major changes except the security patch and improvements. It is rolling via OTA (Over the air) for users with Verizon carriers. If you have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with variant SM-N960U, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to September 2020 with build number N960USQS5ETH4.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Verizon Galaxy Note 9:
If you are using Verizon Galaxy Note 9, then you may receive the September 2020 patch with firmware version N960USQS5ETH4. If you don’t then check for the OTA update manually by following the step: Settings app | About Phone | System Updates. In case you see any new update, click on the download button to start the upgrade process.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Verizon Galaxy Note 9 and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy Note 9 using the ODIN tool.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U)
- Region: USA
- Carrier: Verizon
- Build Number: N960USQS5ETH4
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-09-01
How to Install September 2020 Patch on Verizon Galaxy Note 9
Flashing firmware on your Galaxy device is easy, all you need is a firmware, drivers, and a tool called ODIN. If you have all this, then you are good to follow this guide.
- This firmware (N960USQS5ETH4) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy Note 9 using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the September 2020 Security patch for your Verizon Galaxy Note 9 model with build number N960USQS5ETH4. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.