The South-Korean tech giant Samsung has started pushing a new firmware update to its Galaxy Note 10 that was launched back in 2019. Although the device is running on Android 10 platform, the company has managed to deliver the latest July 2020 security patchset. Currently, it’s live in the Europe region and would arrive at the rest of the regions soon. You can now download and install the July 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy Note 10 over the software version N970FXXS5CTFA.
As we said, this update is based on Android 10 and rolling out via OTA in a phased manner. In terms of the security patch version, it brings the system security enhancements and stability improvements. Additionally, this patch fixes a major security vulnerability in the system that could enable a remote attacker in order to affect the device data or software. Therefore, it’s better to upgrade your Galaxy Note 10 to this software version. If you are not patient to wait for the OTA, you can manually check for the OTA update as well.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Updates
The OTA update is rolling out in a phased manner and it may take some time to arrive on all the units completely. Just head over to the device Settings > System > System updates. If any update is available, simply download and install it. Make sure to charge your handset up to 50% minimum and connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
If in case, you’re not getting the OTA update notification, then follow the guide below to manually flash the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
Firmware Details: N970FXXS5CTFA
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Model: SM-N975F
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: N970FXXS5CTFA
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Flash Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-07-01
- Supported Countries: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more
How to Install July 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy Note 10
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This ROM supports only on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 units.
- To avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process, make sure to charge it at least 50% or more
- You need a PC or Laptop with original or genuine USB Cable to install this via ODIN
- To avoid losing your data, we always recommend taking a complete backup.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the July 2020 Security Patch for the Galaxy Note 10 installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy Note 10 using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the July 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy Note 10 model with build number N970FXXS5CTFA. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.