Samsung in Canada has started the new year journey by providing the software update for the Galaxy Note 10 with January 2020 security patch. The update is now available with software version N970WVLS2BSLA based on Android 10. It’s rolling out for Canada carriers like Bell, Virgin, Globalive, Sasktel, Koodo, and Telus, East link carrier. So, all the Canada Galaxy Note 10 users can download and install the firmware manually.
The software update is rolling out in a gradual process and soon will hit all the units completely. While the January 2020 Security Patch offers system security improvements and system stability as well. However, if you’re not getting the OTA update on your device for a while, you can manually install the firmware on your device.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Update
Though the OTA update is rolling out in an incremental manner, you should receive the update notification very soon. Head over to the device Settings > System > System Updates to check the latest updates.
Ensure that your phone should be charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network as well.
Firmware Details: N970WVLS2BSLA
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (SM-N970W)
- Region: Canada
- Build Number: N970WVLS2BSLA
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-01-01
- Supported Carriers: Bell, Virgin, Globalive, Sasktel, Koodo, and Telus, East link
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Canada Galaxy Note 10 (N970WVLS2BSLA)
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware is supported only for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 [Canada].
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: N970WVLS2BSLA
So, make sure to download the January 2020 Security patch for your Canada Galaxy Note 10 device with build number N970WVLS2BSLA. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Overview
The handset comes with the 6.3-inch Full-HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display with 2280×1080 pixels resolution. It has a 401 PPI pixel density with HDR10+ compatibility. The smartphone is powered by the octa-core Samsung Exynos 9825 SoC. While the China/USA variants will come with Snapdragon 855 chipset. Whereas, the GPU is Mali-G76 MP12 and Adreno 640 for the China/USA.
It has an 8GB of RAM with 256GB of internal storage for the 4G LTE model only. While the 5G model comes with a 12GB of RAM along with 256GB of internal storage option. The Bluetooth enabled S Pen is the proprietary accessory for the Galaxy Note series devices. This time, Samsung has come with up to 10 hours of battery life, and IP68 water and dust resistance certification.
The rear camera packs a triple 16MP Ultra-Wide sensor + 12MP Wide-angle + 12MP Telephoto lens along with an LED flash. It also features PDAF, HDR mode, Dual OIS, variable F/1.5-F/2.4 aperture lens, HDR10+ recording, and more. While the front features a single 10MP punch-hole selfie camera with Dual Pixel AutoFocus, F/2.2 aperture lens, live focus, and live focus video options.
The Galaxy Note 10 offers Bixby Vision, 3D Scanner, AR Doodle, Samsung Knox protection, McAfee virus protection, On-Display Fingerprint Sensor, Face Recognition, Always On Display, etc. It sports a 3,500mAh battery with the Super Fast Charging, Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, and Wireless PowerShare. The device runs on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of One UI.
- List of Android 10 Supported Samsung Galaxy Devices
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Samsung Galaxy device
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Download LineageOS 17 GSI for Treble Supported devices
- Download Lineage OS 17 and 17.1: Features, Release Date and Supported Devices
- How to Install Android Q Beta GSI on Project Treble Supported devices
- Android 10 Q Official Supported device, Features, and Downloads