Well, this year Samsung has launched both the Galaxy S20 series and Note20 series devices that also include 5G connectivity. Needless to say that the Note series devices are the top flagship bigger display lineup of Samsung for years and Samsung doesn’t compromise with it. The same thing we’re noticing that Samsung becomes more active and consistent enough in terms of pushing the regular software update or security patch updates. The company has recently released N981BXXS1ATJA | Galaxy Note 20 5G November 2020 Security Patch update that you can easily get by following this guide.
Starting off, the build number N981BXXS1ATJA that includes the latest Nov 2020 Android Security Patch level based on Android 10 is available for Germany right now. This latest patch fixes a critical security vulnerability in the System Component that could enable a proximal attacker using a specially crafted transmission to easily harm the device data and security. There is nothing extra added to this update as of now.
Table of Contents
Check Software Updates
If in case, you’re not getting the official OTA update notification on your Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G device then you don’t have to worry about it. Just tap on the Settings menu > Software Update > If available for your region, tap on Download and Install.
Make sure to check for the mentioned build number of the update as well. However, if you have some pending updates available, we’ll recommend you to complete installing all the available updates to get a new one in the future.
Just make sure to connected to a good mobile data or Wi-Fi network for a better downloading speed. Also, keep in mind to have a proper battery backup on your device (around 50%).
However, if in case, there is no update available on your device, we have an additional method that you can manually follow below. First of all, let’s check out the firmware update info before heading over to the manual firmware installation method.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N981B)
- Region: Germany
- Build Number: N981BXXS1ATJA
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-11-01
How to Install Galaxy Note 20 5G November 2020 Security Patch
Before jumping into the firmware flashing process, ensure to check out the requirements, and download links. You’ll require to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware flash file, and drivers on your computer. Let’s take a look.
- This stock firmware (N981BXXS1ATJA) is only applicable for Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G model.
- Keep your device charged up to 50% to avoid occasional shut down during the firmware flashing process.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable will require.
- Make sure to a full data backup before flashing the software on your device.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Do the manual flashing process at your own risk. Taking a full data backup is always recommended.
- N981BXXS1ATJA | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC
- ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy Note 20 5G stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve now successfully installed the latest Nov 2020 security patch on your Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G device. Have some queries? Let us know in the comment section below.