Updated on September 29, 2020: Today Samsung in USA rolled the same build number N981USQU1ATH3 for Verizon Galaxy Note 20 5G.
In this article, we have shared the August 2020 security patch update for T-Mobile / Sprint Galaxy Note 20 5G with build number N981USQU1ATH3. The update is based on Android 10 and brings no major changes except security patch and bug fixes. This update is now live in the USA region.
It is started rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy Note 20 5G with variant SM-N981U, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to August 2020 with build number N981USQU1ATH3.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy Note 20 5G:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to N981USQU1ATH3, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy Note 20 5G and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your T-Mobile / Sprint Galaxy Note 20 5G.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N981U)
- Region: USA
- Carrier: T-Mobile / Sprint
- Build Number: N981USQU1ATH3
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-08-01
How to Install August 2020 Patch on T-Mobile / Sprint Galaxy Note 20 5G
In order to flash the firmware manually on your T-Mobile / Sprint Galaxy Note 20 5G device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (N981USQU1ATH3) is only supported for T-Mobile / Sprint Galaxy Note 20 5G.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the August 2020 Security patch for your T-Mobile / Sprint Galaxy Note 20 5G model with build number N981USQU1ATH3. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.