Today Verizon started pushing a new update for Moto Z and Z Force (Droid Edition) with software version NCLS26.118-23-13-6-1 The update brings the latest December 2017 Security patch. Along with this update, Verizon also added the KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability fix and also improved the performance of the device. Now update NCLS26.118-23-13-6-1 December Security and Krack Fix for Verizon Moto Z and Z Force.
What’s KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability?
KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability stands for Key Reinstallation Attack which is a fundamental heart to hack the WiFi Protected Access 2 (WPA2). Recently researcher found that, by hacking the WPA2, It can act the vulnerability to decrypt traffic, hijack connections, perform man-in-the-middle attacks, and eavesdrop on communication sent from a WPA2-enabled device. To secure the device, Today Verizon has started rolling this Security bug fix to fix the KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability on Verizon Moto Z and Z Force.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) as we speak. Since it is rolling in a phase-wise manner, it may take some time to reach every user with Verizon Moto Z and Z Force. The update carries 1.32GB in size and brings nothing new to the update apart from Krack and December Security Patch.
- Download Install NDNS26.118-23-12-7 December Security for Verizon Moto Z Play Droid
- Download NPJS25.93-14-13 December 2017 Security Patch Update for Moto G4 Plus
- December patch via update NPJ25.93-14 for Moto G4 Plus
Update NCLS26.118-23-13-6-1 December Patch for Verizon Moto Z and Z Force
To Install the December Security Patch on Verizon Moto Z and Z Force Droid Edition, you must be running Stock Firmware without any root. If you are running the latest update of Android Nougat, then you will receive the latest update on your phone. First of all, make sure your device needs to be connected to a WiFi network and second, your device’s battery needs to be fully charged
If you still waiting for this update NCLS26.118-23-13-6-1 for Verizon Moto Z and Z Force, Go to Settings –> About Phone–> System updates to see if you have an Over-The-Air update. If your phone has received the latest OTA update, then tap YES, I’M IN and select Wi-Fi or Mobile network to download. Once the download is done, tap INSTALL button to start updating your Moto Z and Z Force with NCLS26.118-23-13-6-1.
Download Full FirmwareDownload Full Firmware Package Here
Steps to Install Firmware Manually on Verizon Moto Z and Z Force Droid
Here i will guide on how to install the NCLS26.118-23-13-6-1 December 2017 Security for Verizon Moto Z and Z Force Droid manually using this tutorial given. First, download the full firmware package. Now you can simply follow the below pre-requisite (important) steps before installation process.
- This Update is only for Verizon Moto Z and Z Force users.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Install Motorola USB Drivers on your PC/Computer
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool.
Instructions to Install:
There are basically two methods to update the device to the latest firmware. First one is by recovery method. The second method is by ADB sideload method.
Method-1 [Recovery Method]
- First of all, Unlock the bootloader on your phone. If your device is already unlocked, then skip this step.
- Now Install and Setup the ADB Fastboot on your PC.
- Move the downloaded Moto Z and Z Force firmware to adb fastboot folder.
- Now boot your Verizon Moto Z and Z Force Droid into bootloader mode by turning the phone off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button simultaneously for few seconds until you see the bootloader menu on your phone screen.
- Once you are in the bootloader menu.
- Connect your Moto Z and Z Force to PC using USB Cable
- Open the ADB Folder where you extracted the firmware file.
- In the adb folder, hold the Shift Key (keyboard) and click the Right-click button (mouse) on any empty screen inside the ADB Folder.
- You will be seeing this option to open the command window.
- Once you see the command screen, now you can type the below command one by one on your PC.
*(fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img) -> only when needed! fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn fastboot erase modemst1 fastboot erase modemst2 fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin fastboot flash logo logo.bin fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.0 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.1 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.2 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.3 fastboot flash oem oem.img fastboot erase cache fastboot erase carrier fastboot erase ddr fastboot reboot
Now let’s look at the second method.
Method-2 [ADB Sideload]How To Install Firmware Update on Moto Z and Z Force using ADB Sideload Method
So, that’s it. There you are. Now you have successfully flashed the latest December 2017 security patch update on Verizon Moto Z and Z Force Droid.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices