July Month is here, Google started rolling the July security Patch 2017 for both Nexus as well as Pixel line devices. The roll out has begun and it is still supporting Nexus and Google Pixle device in case if you are not using beta Android O. This clearly indicates that in next few days users can start seeing OTA landing on their phones. Also it is possible to flash entire factory image and sideload OTA. However users are not recommended to go with flashing option as it is a lengthy and complex procedure. It can also make your device run out of every installed app and stored data. On the other side sideload or waiting for the pop up message would be a good option.
Google Nexus and Pixel devices getting 2017 July Security Patch
Supported devices for Google July Security Patch update are Pixel XL,Pixel, Pixel C, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus Player, Nexus 6, and Nexus 9.
According to Google, latest July 2017 Security Patch update resolves 43 issues in the security patch dated 2017-07-01 and 96 in the 2017-07-05. This update is mainly focused on fixing the security issue to safeguard from the malware and vulnaberities. With this update, you can expect some minor performance improvements. We always recommend to flash latest monthly security patch update on your phone to keep your phone safe from various security vulnerabilities.
CHECK POPULAR POST
- How to port Android O Pixel Launcher on Any Phone!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Download and Install Android O Pixel Launcher on Your Android!!
- How to install Android O developer preview!!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
If some individual experiences are to be believed, there are separate build of the July security update for Nexus and Pixel devices bought from Verizon, Fi carriers as well as Deutsche.
As per a community of users, the true reason for July security Patch is to eliminate the sporadic freezing issue arriving since a few weeks on Nexus and Pixel devices. Many people are checking the already live OTA and factory images to garb more and more information on this. Update has already started rolling out through OTA and will continue for the weeks to come. Therefore if you were eagerly waiting for the same, time has finally come for another update for you Nexus or Pixel phone.
Here is the download link to flash Factory Image on Pixel and Nexus device :
Pixel Supported device for July Security Patch 2017 :
- Pixel XL: Android 7.1.2 —NHG47O (Verizon), NJH47D, NKG47M (T-Mobile, Fi carriers), NZH54B (Deutsche Telekom)— Factory Image(2) (3) (4) — OTA (2) (3) (4)
- Pixel: Android 7.1.2 —NHG47O (Verizon), NJH47D, NKG47M (T-Mobile, Fi carriers), NZH54B (Deutsche Telekom)— Factory Image(2) (3) (4) — OTA (2) (3) (4)
- Pixel C: Android 7.1.2 —N2G48B — Factory Image— OTA
Nexus Supported device for July Security Patch 2017 :
- Nexus 6P: Android 7.1.2 —N2G48B — Factory Image— OTA
- Nexus 5X: Android 7.1.2 — N2G47Z — Factory Image— OTA
- Nexus Player: Android 7.1.2 — N2G48B — Factory Image— OTA
- Nexus 6: Android 7.1.1— N6F27H — Factory Image— OTA
- Nexus 9 (LTE): Android 7.1.1 — N4F27I — Factory Image— OTA
- Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi): Android 7.1.1 — N9F27F — Factory Image— OTA