Nokia 1 Plus released in March 2019. Out-of-the-box it runs on Android One running Android 9.0 Pie(Go Edition). This device comes with an IPS LCD display of 6.1-inches with a pixel resolution of 480 x 960. It runs on Mediatek MT6739WW. Nokia 1 Plus is available in 4 and 6 GB of RAM with options for 64 and 128 GB of inbuilt storage(expandable with SD card) respectively.
The camera section of the Nokia 1 Plus packs an 8 MP along with a 5-MP of selfie shooter. A Non-removable Li-ion 2500 mAh battery powers up the device. The Nokia 1 Plus packs only sensors such as accelerometer and proximity sensor.
Table of Contents
Nokia 1 Plus Software Update Tracker
Updated on August 01, 2020: Today HMD Global started rolling the July 2020 security patch update for Nokia 1 Plus which also improves the security and general performance of the device. The update weighs around 57.2MB and rolling via OTA as we speak.
Updated on June 03, 2020: Finnish OEM Nokia is currently rolling out the May 2020 security patch for Nokia 1 Plus. The new software for the device is making its way over-the-air. It only brings the security level upgrade for the device. Apart from this, there is no significant addition of any features to the Nokia 1 Plus. However, I will still suggest that you should never miss a security patch. Every month Google lists out a lot of security flaws. So, keeping the security level up-to-date, you can avoid any issues on your phone.
As OTA update rolls in a gradual manner so some users may get it after a few days. We already have the guide present here that will help you to manually search for the OTA.
Otherwise, we have also put up the OTA file for Nokia 1 Plus May 2020 security Patch. This means you can simply download it from the repository below and install it. For the installation, you have to use ADB and Fastboot. Don’t worry, for we already have a dedicated OTA installation guide right here in this post. It is quite easy to install OTA. You can follow the guide given below to install the Nokia 1 Plus May 2020 security patch.
Updated on March 31, 2020: Today Nokia 1 Plus started receiving a March security patch with a size of 65 MB with no major changes. There is no official download link to manually install it on your device. You have to wait for the OTA update to hit your device on its own.
Updated on March 06, 2020: HMD Global has almost completed a rolling February 2020 security patch for their devices. Well, today they rolled February 2020 security patch to Nokia 1 Plus with software version v0.98D. If you haven’t received it, then check for the OTA manually. If not, you can straightly download the 0.98D from the link given below and flash it.
Updated on November 09, 2019: Nokia has a reputation for regular software updates for all of its devices irrespective of whether it is a budget or flagship device. So, if you have the budget smartphone Nokia 1 Plus with you and you want to keep a tab on all the updates that roll out for the device, then check this guide. In this post, we bring you the Nokia 1 Plus Software Update Tracker. As the name suggests, you can get complete information about all the updates that Nokia pushes down to Nokia 1 Plus. Currently, the device has been receiving the October 2019 security patch with build V0.980.
Check Software Update:
Downloading the software update is very easy. OTA updates roll out automatically from the OEM server. However, due to various factors, all the users do not receive the update right away as it releases. So, the next option is to search for the same update manually.
To do it, go to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check for update.
Here is the list of the Nokia 1 Plus Software Update Tracker and Timeline including release date, software version, Android version, and changelog type provided below. We will update this table frequently as per the availability of software updates for the concerned device.
|August 1, 2020||Not Known||July 2020 Security Patch – Download|
|May 31, 2020||Not Known||May 2020 security patch [OTA file]|
|March 31, 2020||Not Known||March 2020 security patch|
|March 06, 2020||V0.98D||February 2020 security patch|
|November 25, 2019||V0.98A||November 2019 security patch|
|1.10.2019||V0.980||October 2019 security patch|
|1.09.2019||0.4.15C||September 2019 security patch|
How to Install the OTA.?
- The OTA file we provided in this guide is exclusively for the Nokia 1 Plus. Do not use it on any other devices
- After downloading the OTA zip rename it to any easy name with .zip extension.
- Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on your Nokia 1 Plus.
- Download and install the latest Nokia USB Drivers.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before starting the installation
- A PC/laptop and USB Cable
- Take a complete backup of your device data.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC as it is a must to install the new update on your device.
- Download the OTA zip and move it to the same folder on your PC where you have installed the ADB.
- Inside the same folder Right Click + hit Shift Key > Open PowerShell Window here.
- Now, switch off your device and connect it to the PC.
- Tap Power Button +Volume Up button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- On the recovery screen, you will see many options. Use the Volume Up/Down button to scroll through them.
- Highlight on Apply Update from ADB. Use the Power button to select it.
- In the command prompt give the following command.
- Now to flash the OTA, give the following command in the ABD.
./adb sideload OTA.zip
- Now, the installation will take some time to complete
- After you are down with installation, you will be back to the stock recovery screen. Tap on Reboot System Now.
Now, with the Nokia 1 Plus Software Update tracker, you can get info about all the software that ever roll out for the device. So, make sure you stay tuned.