After all major budget device from Nokia, HMD Global finally started rolling Android 9.0 Pie update for Nokia 2.1. The update is in form of Android Go platform which includes the February 2019 security patch. If you did not receive the update on your device, then you can download and manually install Nokia 2.1 Android 9.0 Pie update using this guide.
Android 9.0 Pie brings many new features such as new gesture navigation, better AI based battery management, App action, and App slices. In this post, we will guide you to install Nokia 2.1 Android 9.0 Pie update manually. If you are awaiting the OTA and it is yet to show up, then you can download and install the ROM on your own. Below you can find the OTA link and a full tutorial on how to install it.
With Android Pie update for Nokia 2.1, there is a great deal of revamping in the OS. You can see a new power and Settings menu. Power menu has important features like Lockdown and screenshot buttons. It also brings improved text selection features. Most importantly, there is a digital wellbeing feature to ensure the user is using the device efficiently. To know more about Google Android Pie, click here.
Download Nokia 2.1 Android 9.0 Pie OTA [V1.08C]
Here is the download link for the Nokia 2.1 Android Pie update.
- Nokia 2.1 Pie Official OTA update V1.08C: Download
Steps to Install Nokia 2.1 Android 9.0 Pie Update Manually
Before installing the latest Android Pie update for Nokia 2.1, you have to follow a few guidelines which we have mentioned below.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
- This OTA is exclusively for Nokia 2.1 only. Don’t use it on other devices
- Though you won’t lose any of your data in the installation process, we still suggest you take a full backup.
- Charge your phone to at least 70% more
- Download the Minimal ADB & fastboot tool.
- A PC/Laptop
- First of all, download and move the Nokia 2.1 Android Pie OTA zip to the root of the phone’s storage.
- Now power off your device and
- Hold the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to enter stock recovery.
- If ‘No command’ screen appears, hold the Power button and tap the Volume Up key to confirm the entry
- Now use the Volume Up and Down button to navigate and select ‘Apply update from SD card’ using Power key to confirm
- Select the Android Pie package and allow your device to start upgrading to Android 9 Pie.
That’s it, guys. I hope you have installed Nokia 2.1 Android 9.0 Pie update successfully. If there are any doubts regarding the installation, do let us know in the comments section.
There is no download link.
Yeah I don’t see one, can U guy
Can someone pleas tell me how to download this update?