Nokia 3.1 Plus launched in the year 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo and later received Android 9.0 Pie. Here we will share all the latest Android security patch levels.
Table of Contents
March 2020 security patch
Nokia 3.1 Plus received March 2020 security patch update with no major changes. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie which weighs around 54 MB in size. There is no official download link to manually install it on your device. You have to wait for the OTA update to hit your device on its own.
November 2019 security patch
November 2019 security patch is currently rolling out for the Nokia 3.1 Plus. The OEM is pushing the new update with version V2.25N. It is a regular maintenance software that steps up the security level and improves overall system stability. That’s the advantage you have when you use a Nokia smartphone. The near-stock Android OS implementation ensures timely software updates every month.
Speaking of the latest November 2019 patch, it will drop into your respective Nokia 3.1 Plus in batches. We have also put up the OTA zip file which you can flash manually using our installation guide.
First, let’s discuss some specifications of the Nokia 3.1 Plus. This device sports a 6-inches of LCD display with a pixel resolution of 720 x 1440. Out-of-the-box it runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with a guaranteed upgrade to Android 10. A Snapdragon 439 chipset powers up the device. The phone has a Li-ion battery of 3500 mAh with no support for fast wireless charging. Nokia 3.1 Plus offers a memory configuration of 2 and 3 GB. With the 2 GB variant, you will get options for 16 GB and 32 GB in-built storage which is further expandable by using Micro SD cards. However, the 3 GB variant only comes with an expandable 32 GB storage.
In the camera section, we get a dual camera of 13 MP + 5 MP and a selfie shooter of 8 MP with support for HDR and 720p video recording at 30FPS. The Nokia 3.1 Plus has a rear fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass sensors.
Check Software Update manually
It may happen that due to phased rollout you will not receive the OTA update from the Nokia servers. So, the next alternative is to search for the update manually.
Go to device Settings > System > Updates > tap on Check for Updates. If the update is already available in your region, you will be notified. As you see the new update with build V2.25N, download and install it. To download the update use Wi-Fi as it will. Also, charge your phone up to 50% before installing the new update.
Steps to Install Android Security patch on Nokia 3.1 Plus
We will consider manual installation only if you did not receive the server-initiated OTA or by manual searching. Before starting out you have to follow some simple guidelines and also download the OTA zip which we have put up in the download section.
- This OTA file is exclusive to the Nokia 3.1 Plus. Do not try to install it on any other device
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before installing the update
- We suggest you take a complete backup of your device data before updating your device.
November 2019 patch V2.25N | Download OTA
Instructions to install
Now, comes the installation part. We will use the ADB sideload method to install the new update. This is how the process goes.
- Download the OTA zip and move it to your device storage.
- Switch off your device
- Press the Volume Up+ Power button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- Now, you will see the recovery screen with many options. There is an option called Apply Update from ADB.
- Scroll to the option using the Volume Up/Down button on your device. To select it, use the Power button.
- Now browse for the OTA zip you moved into your storage.
- Confirm and use the power button to flash the OTA file.
- The installation will take some time. After it’s over you will be back to the Stock Recovery home screen.
- Scroll to the option Reboot System Now. Use the power button to select it.
So, that’s all you need to do. Now, your Nokia 3.1 Plus is on the November 2019 security patch. If you have any doubts regarding then do let us know.