Nokia 3.2 is the budget handset from the Finnish OEM. Currently, it is receiving the October 2019 security patch with version V1.41B. It is moving over-the-air for both European and global variants of Nokia 3.2. It may knock into your devices anytime soon. Nokia 3.2 October Security patch also brings basic bug fixes and tweaks for the system stability improvements.
OTAs rollout in phases, so all users may not find it amusing to wait for the update to show up on their device. So, for them, we have got the OTA firmware for both the global and European variants. Also, we have mentioned how you can install it. So, check this guide out.
Table of Contents
OTAs move on their own as the server of the OEM releases them in phases. Instead of waiting for the update why not check for its availability on our own.? In case the Nokia 3.2 October Security patch is available in your region, you will get a notification of the same and a prompt to download and install it. You can tell the new update by its build number which in this case is V1.41B
Go to device Settings > About > System Update. In their check for OTA updates. After the device performs the check, if the update is available it will show up as we mentioned in the previous block. You can download it using Wi-Fi to get done with the processes faster. It is imperative that for a successful installation process your device must have sufficient battery charge on it(50% recommended).
How to install Nokia 3.2 October Security patch
Before you install the OTA, you need to follow the guidelines we have mentioned below.
- The OTA zip files we provided in this guide is exclusively for the Nokia 3.2.
- After downloading the OTA zip rename it xyz.zip. (xyz means any convenient short name as per your choice with the .zip extension)
- Be mindful of downloading the correct OTA for the Global or European variant of Nokia 3.2 you are using.
- A PC
- Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on your Nokia 3.2.
- Install Nokia USB Drivers on your system
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before starting the installation
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC as it is a must to install the new update on your device.
- Download the OTA zip and move it to the same folder on your PC where you have installed the ADB.
- Inside the same folder Right Click + hit Shift Key > Open PowerShell Window here.
- Now, switch off your device and connect it to the PC.
- Tap Power Button +Volume Up button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- On the recovery screen, you will see many options. Use the Volume Up/Down button to scroll through them.
- Highlight on Apply Update from ADB. Use the Power button to select it.
- In the command prompt give the following command.
- Now to flash the OTA, give the following command in the ABD.
./adb sideload OTA.zip
- Now, the installation will take some time to complete
- After you are down with installation, you will be back to the stock recovery screen. Tap on Reboot System Now.
Congrats. You have successfully installed the Nokia 3.2 October Security patch.