September 2020 Patch Released: Nokia never leaves out its budget smartphones when it comes to delivering maintenance updates. Currently, the Nokia 3.2 from the budget segment is getting the upgrade to September 2020 security patch. It is a mini software weighing only 14 MB based on the Android 10 operating system. As of now, this update is rolling out for the Indian users of Nokia 3.2.
While the latest update doesn’t bring anything separate or new to the device, users must install it for the sake of device security. As the patch is of very low size, you can install it using your cellular data. You may also use WiFi to install it. If the update is available on your device, you must see a notification for the same. Tap on the notification to initiate update installation.
Otherwise, if you have not received any notification regarding the September 2020 security patch for Nokia 3.2, then go to the Settings app. Navigate to the System Update section and check for the new update. If the September 2020 patch is available then install it right away.
Updated on June 18, 2020: Today HMD Global started rolling the June 2020 security patch update for Nokia 3.2. A Twitter user shared a screenshot from his device regarding the same.
— Krishna K (@Krishna31160902) June 16, 2020
Updated on April 22, 2020: Today Nokia 3.2 received an Android 10 update with software version V2.270. The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) for users with 1.31GB in size which has all-new features like Android 10 UI, Dark mode, new gesture navigation, and many more.
Here is the screenshot shared by a Twitter user regarding the update.
— hotlain (@MohaHotlain) April 20, 2020
In this post, we have brought you the Nokia 3.2 Software update tracker. It will help you to find information about all the software updates for this device in one place. Usually, Nokia rolls out software updates quite punctually every month. So, it may happen that every user is not able to keep up with the updates as they roll. So, with an update tracker, they can know whether a certain update has rolled out and what changes it brings. Currently, the Nokia 3.2 has been receiving the October 2019 security patch update with build V1.41B.
Nokia 3.2 was released in February 2019. It is based on Android One running Android 9.0 Pie and it brings a near-stock Android experience for the users. This device comes with an LCD of 6.2-inches with a pixel resolution of 720 x 1520. It runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 429 chipset. Nokia 3.2 is available in 2 and 3 GB of RAM with options for 16 and 32 GB of inbuilt storage respectively. The device storage is expandable with the use of a microSD card.
The camera of the Nokia 3.2 comes with a dual sensor of 16 MP + 13 MP along with a 5-MP of selfie shooter. A Non-removable Li-ion 4000 mAh battery powers up the device. The Nokia 3.2 comes with sensors such as rear-fingerprint display, accelerometer, proximity sensor.
Nokia 3.2 Software Update Tracker
Downloading the software update is very easy. OTA updates usually hit the device automatically. However, due to various factors like geographical location and telecarrier, some users do not receive the update right away as it rolls from the server-side. So, they can search for the update manually on your Nokia 3.2.
To do it, go to Settings > About phone > System updates > tap on Check for update.
Here is the list of the Nokia 3.2 Software Update Tracker and Timeline which includes release date, software version, Android version, and changelog type provided below. We will update this table frequently as per the availability for software updates for the Nokia 3.2.
|Date||Software Version||Changelog Type [MR=Maintenance Release][SP=Security Patch]|
|June 18, 2020||V2.270||June 2020 Security Patch|
|22.04.2020||V2.270||Android 10 with March 2020 security|
|1.10.2019||V1.41B||October 2019 security patch|
|1.09.2019||0.4.15C Global | Europe||September 2019 Security Patch|
How to manually install the OTA
- The OTA file we provided in this guide is exclusively for the Nokia 3.2.
- After downloading the OTA zip rename it to any easy name with .zip extension.
- Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on your Nokia 3.2.
- Download and install the latest Nokia USB Drivers.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before starting the installation
- A PC/laptop
- Take a complete backup of your device data.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC as it is a must to install the new update on your device.
- Download the OTA zip and move it to the same folder on your PC where you have installed the ADB.
- Inside the same folder Right Click + hit Shift Key > Open PowerShell Window here.
- Now, switch off your device and connect it to the PC.
- Tap the Power Button +Volume Up button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- On the recovery screen, you will see many options. Use the Volume Up/Down button to scroll through them.
- Highlight on Apply Update from ADB. Use the Power button to select it.
- In the command prompt give the following command.
- Now to flash the OTA, give the following command in the ABD.
./adb sideload OTA.zip
- Now, the installation will take some time to complete
- After you are down with installation, you will be back to the stock recovery screen. Tap on Reboot System Now.
So, this is how you can flash an OTA zip file on your Nokia 3.2 smartphone. Stay tuned to the post to get all the details about every software that rolls out for the Nokia 3.2.