Nokia 3 was launched back in 2017 with Android Nougat out-of-the-box. Later it received Android 8.0 Oreo update and then Android 8.1 update as well. HMD Global promised earlier that they will provide 3 years of Android security patch and two years of major Android version updates. The company already fulfilled its promise. Nokia 3 Android 9 Pie update is available to download with the build number of 5.120 version. Additionally, it brings the May 2019 Android security patch as well.
The Android Pie is one of the major Android versions officially launched last year with so many features and improvements. It brings Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness, App Actions, App Slices, improved Do Not Disturb mode, gesture-based navigation, and more. It also offers volume sliders, new recent UI, new notification panel, new settings UI, easy screen-rotation mode, etc.
Nokia 3 Android 9 Pie update: Check for OTA
Your device will itself detect and grab the OTA when it becomes available. You will get the notification to install it. If you don’t get the OTA automatically, then manually check for the update. Follow these simple steps mentioned below.
- Go to phone Settings > System menu > System Update > Tap on Check for Update option.
- If the OTA update appears then tap on Download and install to begin the installation process.
- It may take a few minutes and then reboot your device.
- Now, your handset will boot into a new system. Enjoy.
Steps to update Nokia 3 Android 9 Pie update
The easiest way to update to the latest Android 9.0 Pie is to use the inbuilt update method on your device. However, if you haven’t received the latest update in your device then you can manually install it as well. Download the latest Nokia 3 Android 9.0 Pie update from the link given above. We will guide you to flash the zip manually to your devices.
Via Recovery Mode
- First of all, download the OTA update zip file from above.
- Transfer the zip file to the root directory of your internal storage.
- Now, power off the device completely and press volume up key & power key simultaneously for a few seconds. Release these buttons when you feel the device vibrates.
- This key combination will enable the device recovery mode.
- Here select “Apply update from SD card” option.
- Now, select the OTA zip file and confirm the selection.
Via Phone Dialer
- Download the V5.120 OTA update zip file from above link.
- Transfer this file to the root directory of your device internal storage.
- Now, open the phone dialer app and dial *#*#874#*#* to initiate the update.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and start the installation process.
- Wait for the update process to complete.
- Then finally restart your phone.
- You’re done.
Now, you have successfully updated your Nokia 3 on Android 9.0 Pie update. If you have any queries, feel free to comment down below.