Nokia 4.2 is currently receiving the November 2019 security patch update. The software is moving over-the-air with build number V1.41D. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie. This update is available for both the global and European variants of the Nokia 4.2. This has been a busy month for Nokia. It has rolled out the November patch to almost all of the devices. With Nokia, software support is always efficient.
You can wait for the OTA to knock into your devices. However, if you don’t like to wait for the update, you can install the V4.14D OTA firmware manually on your device. It will upgrade the security level on your Nokia 4.2 to November 2019. We have put up the OTA file as well as a brief installation guide that should help you out.
Download OTA Update [V1.41D]
Usually, OTA updates roll out in phases, so, it may happen that in some regions users may not receive the update. So, instead of waiting, why not check for the OTA manually. It’s easy to do.
Go to device Settings > System > Updates > tap on Check for Updates. If the update is rolling in your region, you will be notified about it. Next thing is to download and install it.
- Use Wi-Fi to download the update to save your carrier charges.
- Charge the battery of your device up to 50% or more before installing the new software.
You May Also Like,
- Install November 2019 security patch for Nokia 7.2 and Nokia 6.2
- How to install November 2019 security update on Nokia 5.1 Plus
- Download November 2019 security update for Nokia 8 Sirocco
Steps to Install Nokia 4.2 November 2019 Security patch
You can install the OTA firmware on your device by accessing the stock recovery. We have explained the process step-by-step in the guide below. So, follow it.
- The OTA firmware file we shared in this guide is exclusive to the Nokia 4.2. Do not try to install it on any other device.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before installing the software.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data before installing the new software on your device.
Instructions to install
You have to access the stock recovery of your Nokia 4.2 and install the OTA zip file you have downloaded above. We have outlined the process below.
- Download the OTA zip
- move it to your device storage.
- Switch off your device
- Press the Volume Up+ Power button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- Now, your device will enter the stock recovery screen. You will see various options among which you will see an option called Apply Update from ADB.
- Scroll to the option using the Volume Up/Down button on your device. To select it, use the Power button.
- Now browse for the OTA zip you moved into your storage.
- Confirm and use the power button to flash the OTA file.
- The installation will take some time. After it’s over you will be back to the Stock Recovery home screen.
- Scroll to the option Reboot System Now. Use the power button to select it.
We hope that this guide was useful to you. Install the Nokia 4.2 November 2019 Security patch and make your devcie more efficient.