The Nokia 5 February 2018 Security Update is now rolling live across the globe. It steps up the monthly security level of the device. this update moves the software build number to v5.22A. It weighs in around 155 MB in size. The latest software doesn’t bring any major upgrade apart from the security patch. We have put the link to the Nokia 5 January 2018 Security Update OTA zip file. You can manually download it from the section below. You can also find a brief tutorial to install the latest Nokia 5 February 2018 Security Update manually. Also, recently Nokia 5 v5.220 Android Oreo rolled out globally for all the users.
Nokia 5 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in February 2017. The phone comes with a 5.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 180 pixels. It runs on 2.45 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor and 2 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat out-of-the-box. This device packs a 16 GB of expandable internal storage. Nokia 5 brings a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
Download Nokia 5 February 2018 Security Update [OTA Zip File]
Here is the direct link to download OTA firmware of Nokia 5 February 2018 Security Update.
You may also like to,
- Install Nokia 3 February 2018 Security Patch Update
- Participate in GetDroidtips Mega Anniversary Giveaway. You can win a brand new Xiaomi Mi A1and other cool prizes.
How To Install Nokia 5 February 2018 Security Update
Before flashing the latest Nokia 5 monthly security patch update,
- Your phone must be running official Stock ROM.
- Ensure that your phone is not rooted.
- This OTA firmware is exclusively for Nokia 5 smartphone.
- Do not use this firmware on other Nokia devices.
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage to your device while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Steps of Firmware Installation
Step-1 First of all Download the zip file from above link and rename the file to update.zip.
Step-2 Now Turn Off your device and reboot into recovery mode by pressing Power button +Volume UP button.
Step-3 In recovery mode select apply update from sd card.
Step-4 Now Choose update.zip file which you downloaded.
Step-5 Wait until installation process completes.
Step-6 Reboot your Nokia 5 after firmware installation is done.
Alternatively, you can install the Nokia 5 February 2018 Security Patch using ADB and Fastboot. Follow the link for a complete illustrative tutorial that will help you flash this update.
So, that’s about it. Grab the OTA zip, and manually install the monthly security update on Nokia 5.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all latest firmware updates for all Nokia Android smartphones.