It seems Nokia was quite focused on pushing the Android 10 system update for Nokia 8.1. So, it has delayed rolling the latest security patch from the last few updates. Those of you who sport a Nokia 8.1 running Android 10, you must have received it with October 2019 security patch. Now, a new software update has been released by the OEM for the device. Well, it doesn’t bring the December patch but comes with a month old November 2019 patch. The latest November update for the Nokia 8.1 is rolling out with build number V4.15D(based on Android 10).
This update is quite a small one weighing only 16 MB. We believe all it does is stepping up the security level to that of November 2019. As the update has made its move over-the-air, users should start to receive it within a few days as the OTA updates are incremental in nature. Otherwise, those who do not like to wait, can flash the OTA zip file based on V4.15D and upgrade to the November 2019 patch on their Nokia 8.1. We have shared the OTA file as well as the installation guide. That should do the trick for the Nokia 8.1 users.
Download OTA Update [V4.15D]
Have you been waiting too long for the OTA update but it never showed up on your device. Do not get disappointed as OTA rolls out in batch. It will first hit a few regions and then becomes available all over the globe. Instead of waiting, we suggest you to manually search for the update.
Go to device Settings > System > Updates > tap on Check for Updates. If the update has started is rolling in your region, you will be notified about that. Then you can follow the on-screen instructions and download the update.
The latest V4.15D build with November 2019 patch weighs a meager 16.8 MB. So, it will hardly take a few seconds to download and install. You may also use Wi-Fi to download the update without having to get charged for the carrier data. Do maintain a battery charge of 50% or more as you perform the new update installation.
You May Also Like,
How to Install Nokia 8.1 November 2019 Software Update
In case, you miss out on catching the OTA update(both automatic and by manual searching), then the last option is to download/install the OTA file based on the November 2019 build V4.15D. We have explained the process and also laid down two or three basic guidelines that you must follow before installing the new update.
- The OTA file we have put up in this guide is exclusive to be installed on Nokia 8.1. Do not install it on any other Nokia device.
- Make sure to charge the battery of your device sufficiently (50% recommended) before flashing the OTA.
- Do take a complete backup of your device data before installing the new software on your device.
Nokia 8.1 November 2019 Security patch | Download OTA [V4.15D]
Instructions to install
Here are the detailed instructions on how to install the OTA file linked in the previous section.
- First, download the OTA zip
- move it to your device storage.
- Switch off your device
- Press the Volume Up+ Power button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- Now, your device will enter the stock recovery screen. You will see various options among which you will see an option called Apply Update from ADB.
- Scroll to the option using the Volume Up/Down button on your device. To select it, use the Power button.
- Now browse for the OTA zip you moved into your storage.
- Confirm and use the power button to flash the OTA file.
- The installation will take some time. After it’s over you will be back to the Stock Recovery home screen.
- Scroll down to the option Reboot System Now. Use the power button to select it.
We hope that you have successfully installed the V4.15D November 2019 security patch on your Nokia 8.1.