Nokia 8 Sirocco November 2019 Security patch is now rolling out with build 4.14I. It is currently rolling in India and soon will drop into other regions around the globe. Nokia always ensures a secure and stable experience with its devices. Every month the Finnish OEM is punctual enough to roll out software updates for its devices.
The latest November 2019 update for the Nokia Sirocco 8 is rolling over-the-air. While some may get it in a few days, some others may have to wait for some weeks for this update to appear on their devices. This is where GetDroidTips will come to your rescue. We have got our hands on the OTA zip file that packs the 4.14I build for the Nokia 8 Sirocco. So, all you have to do is download it and install it manually. Installation is super easy and will take a few minutes only. As always, we have explained the installation method which you can follow.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Update: 4.14I
It may happen that you miss out on the server-initiated OTA update. These updates drop in batches. So, depending upon your geographical location, you may miss out on the update. So, to overcome this issue, you can manually search for the latest 4.14I software.
Go to device Settings > System > Updates > tap on Check for Updates. If the update is already available in your region, you will get a notification for the same. As you see the new update with build 4.14I, download and install it.
- Use Wi-Fi to download and install the update as it will be faster and you will save carrier data charges on it.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged up to 50% before installing the new update. The installation will not take place on a low battery.
Steps to Install Nokia 8 Sirocco November 2019 Security patch
Download the OTA zip and then enter your device into stock recovery and flash the OTA zip. We have explained the whole process for your convenience. Check it out.
- The OTA files we shared in this guide are exclusive to the Nokia 8 Sirocco. Do not try to install it on any other device.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before installing the update
- We suggest you take a complete backup of your device data before installing the new software update.
Nokia 8 Sirocco November 2019 Patch| Download OTA [4.14I]
Instructions to install
The process for installing the latest November update involves ADB sideloading the OTA zip from the stock recovery.
- Download the OTA zip and move it to your device storage.
- Switch off your device
- Press the Volume Up+ Power button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- Now, you will see the recovery screen with many options. There is an option called Apply Update from ADB.
- Scroll to the option using the Volume Up/Down button on your device. To select it, use the Power button.
- Now browse for the OTA zip you moved into your storage.
- Confirm and use the power button to flash the OTA file.
- The installation will take some time. After it’s over you will be back to the Stock Recovery home screen.
- Scroll to the option Reboot System Now. Use the power button to select it.
So, wait no more. Grab the firmware zip file and install it now to step your Nokia 8 Sirocco to the November 2019 security patch.