New Update added on August 29, 2020: Today Nokia rolled the August 2020 security patch for Nokia 8 Sirocco with build number V5.14A based on Android 10.
[su_spoiler title=”Old Update Notes”]
New Update added on July 30, 2020: A new update is now live for the Nokia 8 Sirocco. The update is currently available in Poland and it brings in July 2020 security patchset for the phone. The update carries version number v5.140 and it weighs in around 140MB in size. The update is rolling out via OTA in batches and will soon be pushed for all the phones. The update brings in improved stability and user improvements along with July 2020 security patchset. Here is the complete changelog of the update:
– Improve system stability
– User interface improvements
– Google Security Fix 2020-07
New Update added on July 1, 2020: Brace yourself Nokia 8 Sirocco users, because the Finnish OEM has now pushed the June 2020 security patchset for the phone. The update is purely incremental in nature and just bumps the security patch level to June 2020.
– Google Security Patch 2020-06
New Update added on May 27, 2020: The May 2020 security update for the Nokia 8 Sirocco is now live for the users. This update is purely incremental in nature and does not bring anything new except the latest security patchset for the phone. Note that the Nokia 8 Sirocco is already running on Android 10 and this update adds the latest security patch. The update weighs in around 19.98 MB in size. Here is what the changelog reads:
– Google security patch 2020-05
New Story updated on April 1, 2020: Today HMD Global started rolling March 2020 Security patch for Nokia 8 Sirocco which is based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update has already started rolling for users with Nokia 8 Sirocco. Here is a Reddit user who shared the screenshot claiming he received.
Updated on March 10, 2020: Today HMD Global started rolling February 2020 Security patch update to Nokia 8 Sirocco. Well, this update has nothing new except the security update or bug fixes. A few days back, we have shared February 2020 security patch to Nokia 6.1, 6.1 Plus, Nokia 1 Plus, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 5.1 Plus, Nokia 8.1 and many more.
Here is a tweet shared by a user on twitter about the February 2020 patch:
— German DZ (@GermanDZ) March 9, 2020
Updated on December 21, 2020: As we all know that HMD Global has already released the stable Android 10 update roadmap for its Nokia devices. The last year’s flagship-grade smartphone Nokia 8 Sirocco was launched with Android Oreo and received Android Pie already. Now, it’s time for the stable Android 10 update which will be available in Q1 2020 for the Nokia 8 Sirocco model globally. Currently, the device comes one step closer as the Nokia 8 Sirocco December Security patch has been released recently.
The update bumps up a new software version V4.14J based on Android 9 Pie in a size 82.4MB. There are no additional features or bug fixes included in this update except for December 2019 Android Security Patch Level. It basically offers improved system security and fixes a major vulnerability in the Framework component by enabling a remote attacker which can cause a permanent denial of service.
Downloads and Changelog
|V5.14A (A1N-514A-0-00WW-B01)||Android: 10
Security Patch Level: 2020-08-01 (August 2020)
Update size: 17.6 MB
Recovery OTA ROM – 1.29 GB
Security Patch Level: 2020-07-01 (July 2020)
Update size: 1.29 GB
Install method here.
Recovery OTA ROM – 16 MB
Build Fingerprint: Nokia/Avenger_00WW/A1N_sprout:10/QKQ1.190828.002/00WW_5_12B:user/release-keys
Google Security Patch: 2020-06 (June 2020)
Recovery OTA ROM – 19.1MB
Build Fingerprint: Nokia/Avenger_00WW/A1N_sprout:10/QKQ1.190828.002/00WW_5_12A:user/release-keys
Google Security Patch: 2020-05 (May 2020)
Recovery Full ROM – 1.31 GB
Build Fingerprint: Nokia/Avenger_00WW/A1N_sprout:10/QKQ1.190828.002/00WW_5_120:user/release-keys
Google Security Patch: 2020-04 (April 2020)
Recovery OTA ROM – 82 MB
Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01 (December 2019)
Update size: 82 MB
Check Software Update (OTA)
Nokia devices receive firmware OTA updates in an incremental manner to a limited number of users in the first attempt. If the update seems stable enough with no critical bugs, the broader roll-out will start in the coming few days.
Therefore, you should keep checking the OTA update on your device via Settings > System > Advanced > System update. If the latest software update V4.14J is ready to download, you should grab it.
[note color=”blue” title_tag=”p” title=”Tips:”]
- Use Wi-Fi to download the software update as these updates are of huge file size.
- Make sure to charge the battery of your device up to 50% or more before installing the new software update.
You May Also Like,
- Download Nokia 8 Sirocco November 2019 Security patch: 4.14I
- Nokia 8 Sirocco and Nokia 2.2 receives September Security Patch
- Download Google Camera for Nokia 8 Sirocco [Portrait, Night Sight and HDR+]
- List of Best Custom ROM for Nokia 8 Sirocco [Updated]
Steps to Install Nokia 8 Sirocco Security patch
It may happen that you don’t receive the automatic OTA update. Even upon manual checking for the update, you may not get to see the update. So, the next option is to manually flash the OTA file. Before installing the update go through some basic guidelines that we have shared below.
- The OTA firmware file we have provided in this tutorial is only to be installed on Nokia 8 Sirocco device. Do not install it on any other Nokia smartphone.
- Charge the battery of your device up to 50% before flashing the OTA.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data before installing the new software on your device.
[note color=”red” title_tag=”p” title=”Disclaimer:”]GetDroidTips will not take any responsibility for any hardware or software issues that may occur while or after you choose to install the firmware provided in this guide. Follow the guide at your own risk.[/note]
Instructions to Install: Nokia 8 Sirocco Security patch
The manual installation of firmware requires you to enter the device to the stock recovery. From the recovery, browse the OTA firmware and then flash it via ADB. Don’t worry if it sounds difficult. The process is quite easy. We have explained it in detail. Check out the detailed installation guide below.
- Download the OTA zip.
- move it to your device storage.
- Switch off your device
- Press the Volume Up+ Power button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- Now, your device will enter the stock recovery screen. You will see various options among which you will see an option called Apply Update from ADB.
- Scroll to the option using the Volume Up/Down button on your device. To select it, use the Power button.
- Now browse for the OTA zip you moved into your storage.
- Confirm and use the power button to flash the OTA file.
- The installation will take some time. After it’s over you will be back to the Stock Recovery home screen.
- Scroll to the option Reboot System Now. Use the power button to select it.
So, that’s it. We hope that you have successfully installed the security patch on your Nokia 8 Sirocco device.