Updated on September 9, 2017: Added the download link to download and install Nokia 5 September Security Patch Update. Now you can manually install the Nokia 5 September Security Patch Update.
Last month we witnessed the Update promise by HMD Global with the early release of September Security Patch update for Nokia 5 and Nokia 5. Today HMD Global started sending September Security Patch Update for Nokia 5. The Nokia 5 is a budget smartphone launched by HMD Global a month back. Nokia management had promised to the customer to receive regular update and fixes. Earlier this month, both the Nokia and 6 received the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Today HMD Global released September Security Patch Update for Nokia 5 and 6.
Finally After Pushing Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nokia 5, HMD Global has started pushing the latest September Security Patch update for Nokia 5 today. The update comes with regular bug fixes and improvements along with the Security patch update.
Table of Contents
Nokia 5 September Security Patch Update
This update is an incremental update with latest September Security Patch Update on Nokia 5. So we recommend updating your device safe with July Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Nokia 5, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash September Security Patch Update For Nokia 5.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to September Security Patch Update on Nokia 5.
HMD Global had also confirmed that this both smartphone will receive Android Oreo update along with Nokia 3.
Today you can install the Nokia 5 September Security Patch Update by following the below guide.
- You can either use your phone to update to latest build or you can use the second method to Install update via PC
- This Update is only for Nokia 5 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools Zip
- Install the Nokia Device Driver
Step By Step Guide to Manually Install Nokia 5 September Security Patch Update
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the USB Debugging by going to Settings -> Developer Option and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fast boot Zip file on your PC
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Download Stock ROM for Nokia 5 from above and move it in ADB folder.
- Now Reboot Nokia 5 smartphone to Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB.
- Plug the phone into PC using USB Cable, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now execute the below command in CMD screen.
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until Installation process Completes.
- Once the Installation completed. Reboot the Phone.
That’s it! Now your phone will boot into the updated Nokia 5 with September Security Patch.