Ever wondered how you can install latest Android Nougat on LG G5 ? then here you are! In this guide you will learn How to Download and Install Android Nougat on LG G5. This ROM is based on Mokee OS which is quite famous with its custom made features from all CM, Lineage, Slim, Omni AOSPA, etc. Now you can install Android Nougat ROM on LG G5 by following our simple guide. As we say Android Nougat for LG G5, this ROM is not an official Android Nougat from LG Company. But you can install this official Mokee OS on LG G5. This is a Custom ROM built from Android Open Source Code. You may find bugs or lag, if you do then you can always revert back to Stock or any other custom ROM for LG G5.
Download And Install Android Nougat On LG G5 (Custom ROM, Mokee)
Remember this is a stable build of Official MokeeOS on LG G5. This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try Android 7.0 OS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Android Nougat on LG G5 based Mokee OS.
To Install Android Nougat on LG G5 or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install Custom Recovery on your LG G5.
What Is MokeeOS?
MoKee Open Source is based on the Google AOSP. We update our source code frequently to keep up with the latest development, and not forgetting to merge in special features of our own at the same time.
A small group of people from around the world who are interested in Android launched this project on the 12th of December 2012, and is committed to make this ROM better and better. Like most contributors of open source projects (Omni, CyanogenMod, Slim AOSPA etc), we are doing all these in our free time as our passion
What Is In Android 7.1 Nougat And Its Feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on LG G5 (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Supported model are : H850 and H830
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
ALSO RELATED POST :
- Top 10 Smartphones under Rs 30,000 in India
- Android O: Everything You need to know, Release Date, Features and Pictures
- Download Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On LG G5 (Resurrection Remix)
- How To Unlock Bootloader On LG G5 SE H840 European Variant
- AT&T seeding build H82020i OTA with March Security Patch For LG G5 H820
- How to Unlock Bootloader on LG G5 RS988 US Variant
- Official Resurrection Remix For LG G5 (Android 7.1 Nougat)
- How to Unlock Bootloader on T-Mobile LG G5 H830
- How to Manually Update LG G5 to Android Nougat
Steps for How to Install Android 7.1 Nougat on LG G5 (Custom ROM, Mokee)
- First of all, Download the MokeeOS Zip and GAPPS Zip file from the below given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded MokeeOS and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the MokeeOS zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Android Nougat on LG G5 (Custom ROM, Mokee) Successfully.
Steps for How to Root LG G5 :
In Case if you didn’t find the root, Here is the step for how to root LG G5 running MokeeOS, This step is simple just like you installed the Custom ROM.