Here you can now download and install the November 2018 Security for Huawei MediaPad M5 lite BAH2-W09 / BAH2-W19 variant.
Today Huawei has started rolling the November 2018 Security for Huawei MediaPad M5 lite (BAH2-W09 / BAH2-W19). With this update, Huawei has also improved the overall performance of the device. The firmware is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
How to Update November 2018 Security for Huawei MediaPad M5 lite
The update is rolling via OTA and will soon reach every corner of the world. It carries almost 300mb in size and brings no major changes except security patch and fixes to the device. If you have received the OTA update, then we recommend you to upgrade your Huawei MediaPad M5 lite to the latest security patch to keep safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
Before proceeding to download, Huawei MediaPad M5 lite must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading the update on Huawei MediaPad M5 lite (BAH2-W09 / BAH2-W19). As this update is an incremental update, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
If you have rooted or installed any mods or recovery, then you may not be able to install the update. So in order to upgrade your phone to the latest version. First, you need to either unroot or you can install the update manually.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei MediaPad M5 lite
- Model No: BAH2-W09 / BAH2-W19
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
- Integrates Google security patches released in November 2018 for improved system security.
- BAH2-W19C605B161 (184.108.40.206) - Latin America
- BAH2-L09C10B161 (220.127.116.11) - Russia
- BAH2-W19C10B161 (18.104.22.168) - Russia
Steps to Install Firmware on Huawei MediaPad M5 lite
Before following the below guide on how to install firmware on Huawei MediaPad M5 lite, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
- This ROM is supported only for Huawei MediaPad M5 lite with variant BAH2-W09 / BAH2-W19.
- You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
-----> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
-----> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
-----> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.