Verizon Wireless started rolling the latest software update Moto G4 Play with March 2018 Security Patch. The update bumps the software version to NPIS26.48-38-3. Along with this update, Verizon also fixed the regular bugs and improved the performance and stability. This update is still based on Android Nougat and not Android Oreo. If you still wondering whether you can install Android 8.0 Oreo? Then check out the Lineage OS 15.1 based on 8.1 Oreo.
The Moto G4 Play features a 5.0 inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 coupled with 1/2GB of RAM. The device has 8/16GB of internal storage and also supports microSD card with up to 256GB. Moto G4 Play sports an 8MP primary camera and 5MP front-facing selfie camera.
The update is pushed via OTA (Over the air) for all Verizon Moto G4 Play running Stock Firmware without root. Along with March 2018 Security Patch level, the update also added the regular bug fixes and improved the performance and stability of the device. We at GetDroidtips, recommend you to install the update on every Verizon Moto G4 Play device.
[su_note note_color=”#fffdc4″ text_color=”#000000″]We recommend to always keep your phone up to date with the latest security update. So make sure to update to keep your device safe as the March 2018 Security update has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android. [/su_note]
The new update of March 2018 Security via update NPIS26.48-38-3 for Verizon Moto G4 Play comes with some improvements in the overall performance and stability.
Check For Software Update Manually:
If you have not received the OTA update with build number NPIS26.48-38-3, then you can manually check for the OTA update by following the simple instructions given here. To manually check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone–> System updates to see if you have an Over-The-Air update. If your phone has received the latest OTA update, then tap YES, IM IN and select Wi-Fi or Mobile network to download. Once the download is done, tap on INSTALL button to start updating your Verizon Moto G4 Play with NPIS26.48-38-3.
[su_note note_color=”#fff2fc” text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding, please make sure your phone has enough charge of at least 50%. Take a full backup before upgrading or downgrading your phone. To download the OTA file, you should be on a stable WiFi connection to enjoy uninterrupted software download.[/su_note]
- Update Android 8.1 Oreo based Pixel Experience ROM on Moto G4 Play (harpia)
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Moto G4 Play with Android 8.1 Oreo
- Download and Update AICP 13.1 on Motorola Moto G4 Play (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Moto G4 Play (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Dual Boot Moto G4 Play Using Dual Boot Patcher
Download Firmware PackageDownload fastboot_harpia_vzw_oem_7.1.1_NPI26.48-38_48
Steps to Install NPIS26.48-38-3 on Verizon Moto G4 Play
If you have not yet received the OTA, then you can download and install the firmware manually on Verizon Moto G4 Play. Follow our below guide to install the firmware on your phone.
- The update is supported only on Verizon Moto G4 Play .
- Download the ADB and Fastboot tools, For MAC
- Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers on your PC
- Charge your phone to at least 50% before upgrading.
- Make sure to backup before starting the process.
Instructions to Install:
There are two methods which you can follow. Check any of the methods, if the first method doesn’t work, you can simply follow the second method to install the stock firmware on Verizon Moto G4 Play.
In this first method, you need download and install the ADB and Fastboot tool along with USB Drivers. After installing you can simply follow the link below to sideload the ROM on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffdc4″ text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding to install, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, don’t forget to take the full backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. [/su_note]
- First of all, Unlock the bootloader on your phone. If your device is already unlocked, then skip this step.
- Now Install and Setup the ADB Fastboot on your PC.
- Move the downloaded Verizon Moto G4 Play firmware to adb fastboot folder.
- Now boot your Verizon Moto G4 Play into bootloader mode by turning the phone off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button simultaneously for few seconds until you see the bootloader menu on your phone screen.
- Once you are in the bootloader menu.
- Connect your Verizon Moto G4 Play to PC using USB Cable
- Open the ADB Folder where you extracted the firmware file.
- In the adb folder, hold the SHIFT Key (keyboard) and click the Right-click button (mouse) on any empty screen inside the ADB Folder.
- You will be seeing this option to open the command window.
- Once you see the command screen, now you can type the below command one by one on your PC.
*(fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img) -> only when needed! fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn fastboot erase modemst1 fastboot erase modemst2 fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin fastboot flash logo logo.bin fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.0 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.1 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.2 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.3 fastboot flash oem oem.img fastboot erase cache fastboot erase carrier fastboot erase ddr fastboot reboot
- Congrats, you have completed the process to Install Stock ROM Update on Verizon Moto G4 Play.
That’s it!! I hope this guide was helpful to install NPIS26.48-38-3 March 2018 Security on Verizon Moto G4 Play.