Last time we shared Android 7.1.1 Official Nougat release from Moto Z Play and Moto X Play. Today Motorola has started rolling Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Moto Z as well with version number NPL.26.107. The update is rolling out via OTA (over-the-air) with update OTA based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Moto Z. This update is a major update for Moto Z users after Android Nougat release which bumps the 7.0 OS to 7.1.1 update. This update also adds the latest June Security Patch update for Moto Z.
Now you can download and update OTA zip to flash Moto Z to Android 7.1.1 Nougat wrapped with Moto features. The Nougat NPL.26.107 update for Moto Z started rolling out. The new update of Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Moto Z is rolling out in the phase wise manner. Many users already started receiving OTA (Over The Air) notification. It will take few weeks for the update to reach all corners of the world. If you don’t want to wait for OTA update, then you can install the full firmware manually.
The update comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat and it weighs around 1.2GB in size. You can flash the below given zip using our full tutorial on How to flash and install NPL.26.107 Android 7.1.1 Nougat For Moto Z.
Table of Contents
Download Install NPL.26.107 Android 7.1.1 Nougat For Moto Z
if you do not receive the nougat update prompt, to check if you have received the Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat update on Moto Z then please go to Setting > About > System Update to update manually. The latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware for Moto Z is based on the latest Moto UI. You can flash stock ROM on Moto Z with the latest Nougat firmware. Follow the below step by step guide on How to Download and Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware on Moto Z (Nouga).
Today you will learn on how to manually download and install official Android Nougat for Motorola Z Play with version NPL.26.107. This update gives you the latest sweetness of Android 7.1.1 features bundled with Motorola features. Rememeber this will work only on Moto Z .
In this article, we will guide you how to Download and Install Moto Z Full firmware. Here we provide you download link for Moto Z Nougat firmware zip. Follow the below step by step guide to Install NPL.26.107 update on Moto Z.
What Is In Android 7.1.1 Nougat And Its Feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.1.1 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- Update to Android N 7.1.1 Nougat
ALSO RELATED POST
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Moto Z
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Moto Z
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Moto Z
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Moto Z
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Moto Z
- Your phone must be running official Stock ROM.
- Ensure your phone is not rooted.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Steps to Flash Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory image on Moto Z :
- First of all make sure to download all the drivers and install it on your PC/Laptop.
- Also Download the ADB and Fastboot file and extract it on your PC/Laptop.
- Now extract the downloaded Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory image inside the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Now reboot your phone completely. Once it is turned off, Now press and hold ‘Power + Volume Down‘ simultaneously.
- Now Open the Adb and Fastboot and then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Once you are in command window, Now type the following command one by one to flash the full Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory image on Moto Z. (in case if you are using mfastboot then type “mfastboot” instead of fastboot)
fastboot oem fb_mode_set fastboot flash partition gpt.bin fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img fastboot flash logo logo.bin fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn fastboot erase cache fastboot erase userdata fastboot erase customize fastboot erase clogo fastboot oem fb_mode_clear fastboot reboot
- That’s it ! i hope you have successfully installed Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory image on Moto Z.
Steps to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat TWRP Flashable zip on Moto Z :
- Download ad move the Nougat TWRP file to the root of your internal memory
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the Android 7.1.1 Nougat TWRP Backup Flashable zip.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat TWRP Flashable zip on Moto Z.