Today Motorola started rolling out the latest update for Moto Z2 Force with build number NPXS26.122-68-2. The update brings the October Security Patch to the table. The update has started rolling to all Moto Z2 Force users running Android 7.1 Nougat. Yes the OS is still based on Android 7.1 Nougat. The update is pushed via OTA (Over the air) for all Moto Z2 Force running Stock Nougat Firmware.
- Update T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force to Android Oreo with build OCX27
- Moto Z2, Z2 Play and Z2 Force Stock Firmware Collections
Along with October Security Patch update, the update also fixes regular bugs and other improvements. The new update is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and no major changes with build NPXS26.122-68-2. If you are wondering whether your device would receive Android Oreo, Check out this full list of the supported device which will receive official Android Oreo update.
Table of Contents
Download Install NPXS26.122-68-2 October Security On Moto Z2 Force (nash)
This update is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and not Android Oreo. There is nothing new in this update except the October Security update with build number NPXS26.122-68-2 for Moto Z2 Force. Even though, we recommend to always keep your phone up to date with the latest security update. So make sure to update to keep your device safe as the October Security update has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
The new update of October Security via update NPXS26.122-68-2 for Moto Z2 Force comes with some improvements in the overall ROM and stability with October security update.
Before hitting the download two things need to be ensured. First, your device needs to be connected to a WiFi network and second, your device’s battery needs to be fully charged
If you still waiting for this new October Security via update NPXS26.122-68-2 for Moto Z2 Force, Go to Settings –> About Phone–> System updates to see if you have an Over-The-Air update. If your phone has received the latest OTA update, then tap YES, IM IN and select Wi-Fi or Mobile network to download. Once the download is done, tap on INSTALL button to start updating your Moto Z2 Force with NPXS26.122-68-2. Before updating the October Security on Moto Z2 Force, first of all, you need a WiFi connection to download and please make sure your battery has enough juice.
If you have not received any update, then you can download the OTA update from our below download link. The Update comes in 115MB size. You can manually update the OTA instead of waiting for OTA to hit your phone. To update manually with NPXS26.122-68-2 on Moto Z2 Force can take only 8-10 minutes approximately. Read the steps below on How to Update the latest OTA updates on Moto Z2 Force (nash) manually.
- This Update is only for Moto Z2 Force users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Remember, your Moto Z2 Force must have a Stock Recovery in order to flash this update. If you don’t have a stock Recovery, then download the stock recovery for Moto Z2 Force below and flash the Stock Recovery using fastboot mode.
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools Zip
- Download the Motorola Device Driver
- Charge your phone for at least 70%
- Backup your device just in case if you need it later
- You need either Laptop or PC
Download Full Firmware Here – NPXS26.122-68-4
Steps to Install Firmware on Moto Z2 Force:
There are two methods which you can follow. Check any of the methods, if the first method doesn’t work, you can simply follow the second method to install the stock firmware on Moto Z2 force.
In this first method, you need download and install the ADB and Fastboot tool along with USB Drivers. After installing you can simply follow the link below to sideload the ROM on your phone.Guide to flash the firmware using ADB Sideload
- First of all, Unlock the bootloader on your phone. If your device is already unlocked, then skip this step.
- Now Install and Setup the ADB Fastboot on your PC.
- Move the downloaded Moto Z2 Force firmware to adb fastboot folder.
- Now boot your Moto Z2 Force into bootloader mode by turning the phone off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button simultaneously for few seconds until you see the bootloader menu on your phone screen.
- Once you are in the bootloader menu.
- Connect your Moto Z2 Force to PC using USB Cable
- Open the ADB Folder where you extracted the firmware file.
- In the adb folder, hold the SHIFT Key (keyboard) and click the Right-click button (mouse) on any empty screen inside the ADB Folder.
- You will be seeing this option to open the command window.
- Once you see the command screen, now you can type the below command one by one on your PC.
*(fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img) -> only when needed! fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn fastboot erase modemst1 fastboot erase modemst2 fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin fastboot flash logo logo.bin fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.0 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.1 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.2 fastboot flash system_b system_b.img_sparsechunk.3 fastboot flash oem oem.img fastboot erase cache fastboot erase carrier fastboot erase ddr fastboot reboot
- Congrats, you have completed the process to Install Stock ROM Update on Moto Z2 Force.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Stock Firmware on Moto Z2 Force. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave your comment down below.
I hope you have successfully flashed NPXS26.122-68-2 October Security On Moto Z2 Force (nash).