Today Motorola started seeding a new firmware update for Moto G6 Play with build number OCP27.91-150. The update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and brings October 2018 Security patch. To keep your device safe from malware and spyware we recommend you to upgrade your Moto G6 Play to this new security patch.
The update is currently rolling via Over The Air for users in a phase-wise manner. If you have not received, then the update will soon be out for everyone with Motorola Moto G6 Play. You can either check for the software update or you can force check the OTA update. We will soon share the download link once the OTA is uploaded to Motorola OTA archive page.
How to Check Software Update on Moto G6 Play
First of all, make sure your device needs to be connected to a stable WiFi network and second, your device’s battery needs to be fully charged or at least 50%. Take a full backup before doing any software update to keep the data safe.
- Go to Settings –> Scroll to and tap About phone > System updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
- Tap Restart Now after the software installs to automatically restart your device.
To verify the software update
- Swipe down from the Notification bar, then tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll to and tap About phone.
- The device has the latest software if the Android version, Build number, and Baseband version matches the current update details.
If you still not received the update with build number OCP27.91-150 on Motorola Moto G6 Play (alijeter), then check our article on How to force download latest OTA updates on your Android device.
Download Firmware Here:
- OCP27.91-150 – Download Now