Usually, carrier provided software updates drop in late to the devices. Speaking of which AT&T Moto E5 Play is receiving a late December 2018 security patch update. It comes with the new build number OCPS27.91-157-2. The software is primarily rolling over-the-air and it is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. However, you can also install it manually by flashing the firmware. We have got you covered on that. We have extracted the firmware and also put up an installation guide which will come in handy for you.
The OCPS27.91-157-2 update only brings the security update which is 2 months older. The carriers must keep up with the security scenario so as to keep the devices free from the latest bugs and vulnerabilities.
Table of Contents
How to Capture OTA Update
The update should hit your devices as the regular airborne method. It should not be an issue as it happens automatically. In fact, you will be notified of the OTA when it becomes available on your device. However, there are always exceptions to this. Users sometimes don’t see the OTA software prompt on their phones. In that case, this is what you’ve to do.
- Go to your device home screen, > tap Settings icon.
- In their tap on the Software update, > tap on System updates.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
- Your phone will automatically restart once the new software successfully installs.
This OTA update weighs around 64 MB. So, It’s better to download this update is by connecting to a good Wi-Fi network. This will save your tele-carrier data charges. Also, make sure to charge the battery of your device up to 70% before installing the new update.
Another way to upgrade your device to the December patch is by installing the firmware manually. The firmware bears the same build number OCPS27.91-157-2. We have put up the download link below. Follow it. Also, you can use the installation guide we have below.
Details of Firmware:
- Supported device: Moto E5
- Model: XT1921-2
- Codename: Nora
- Region: USA
- Carrier: AT&T
- Release date: January 22, 2019
- Android version: 8.0.0 Oreo
- Security patch level (SPL): December 1, 2018
- Build number: OCPS27.91-157-2
- File size: 1.5GB