Usually, carrier provided software updates drop in late to the devices. Speaking of which AT&T Moto E5 Play is receiving a late December 2018 security patch update. It comes with the new build number OCPS27.91-157-2. The software is primarily rolling over-the-air and it is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. However, you can also install it manually by flashing the firmware. We have got you covered on that. We have extracted the firmware and also put up an installation guide which will come in handy for you.
The OCPS27.91-157-2 update only brings the security update which is 2 months older. The carriers must keep up with the security scenario so as to keep the devices free from the latest bugs and vulnerabilities.
How to Capture OTA Update
The update should hit your devices as the regular airborne method. It should not be an issue as it happens automatically. In fact, you will be notified of the OTA when it becomes available on your device. However, there are always exceptions to this. Users sometimes don't see the OTA software prompt on their phones. In that case, this is what you've to do.
- Go to your device home screen, > tap Settings icon.
- In their tap on the Software update, > tap on System updates.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
- Your phone will automatically restart once the new software successfully installs.
This OTA update weighs around 64 MB. So, It's better to download this update is by connecting to a good Wi-Fi network. This will save your tele-carrier data charges. Also, make sure to charge the battery of your device up to 70% before installing the new update.
Another way to upgrade your device to the December patch is by installing the firmware manually. The firmware bears the same build number OCPS27.91-157-2. We have put up the download link below. Follow it. Also, you can use the installation guide we have below.
Details of Firmware:
- Supported device: Moto E5
- Model: XT1921-2
- Codename: Nora
- Region: USA
- Carrier: AT&T
- Release date: January 22, 2019
- Android version: 8.0.0 Oreo
- Security patch level (SPL): December 1, 2018
- Build number: OCPS27.91-157-2
- File size: 1.5GB
Download OCPS27.91-157-2 Firmware
Here is the download link for the firmware OCPS27.91-157-2 for the AT&T Moto e5 Play.
How to Install Latest Firmware on AT&T Moto E5 Play (Nora)
We have already put up the full firmware zip file for AT&T Moto E5 Play that packs the December 2018 security update. Now let's see how to flash the firmware on your Moto E5 Play manually.
- This firmware in this guide is only for Motorola Moto E5 (Nora) users.
- Take a full backup of your phone and then go on with installing the firmware.
- Download and Install Motorola USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools.
Firmware Installation guide
So, that's it. Await for the OTA to hit your devices. Otherwise, if you wish to upgrade instantly follow the guide above. Install and secure your device.