Here you can now download and install the October 2018 Security for Huawei P20 Lite ANE-L01 / ANE-L21 variant.
Huawei started rolling the October 2018 Security for Huawei P20 Lite (ANE-L01 / ANE-L21). Along with October 2018 Security Patch, this update also improves the performance and stability of the device. The firmware is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Huawei P20 Lite Specifications:
Huawei P20 lite features a 5.84 inches LTPS IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 4×2.36 GHz Cortex-A53 HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 256GB via microSD card.The camera on the Huawei P20 lite comes with Dual 16MP + 2MP phase detection autofocus, LED flash rear camera and also 16MP + 24MP depth sensor front shooting camera.
Huawei P20 lite runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0 and a Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery with Fast charging. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.
How to Update October 2018 Security for Huawei P20 Lite[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you have rooted or installed any mods or recovery, then you may not be able to install the update. So in order to upgrade your phone to the latest version. First, you need to either unroot or you can install the update manually.[/su_note]
The update sent in a phase-wise manner via OTA (Over the air) and will reach the users in Mexico region. If you still not received the update, then wait for a couple of days or even weeks to receive this new update on your phone. You can even check for the new OTA availability manually by going into Settings –> System –> System Update –> Check for Updates.[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Before proceeding to download, Huawei P20 Lite must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading the update on Huawei P20 Lite (ANE-L01 / ANE-L21). As this update is an incremental update, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P20 Lite
- Model No: ANE-L01 / ANE-L21
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
Full B332 Changelog:
- Integrates Google security patches released in October 2018 for improved system security.
ANE-L12JC636B151 (22.214.171.124) – Asia
ANE-L42JC636B151 (126.96.36.199) – Asia
ANE-L01C185B156 (188.8.131.52) – Middle East
ANE-L21C185B156 (184.108.40.206) – Middle East
ANE-L21C432B162 (220.127.116.11) – Europe
ANE-L01C432B162 (18.104.22.168) – Europe
ANE-L03C771B146 (22.214.171.124) – Latin America
Steps to Install Firmware on Huawei P20 Lite
Before following the below guide on how to install firmware on Huawei P20 Lite, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
- This ROM is supported only for Huawei P20 Lite with variant ANE-L01 / ANE-L21.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
- ByPass FRP lock or Remove Google Account on Huawei P20 Lite [ANE]
- Is Huawei P20 Lite survive Water – Waterproof test
- Huawei P20 Lite Stock Firmware Collections – Updated
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Huawei Devices
- Unlock Bootloader on Any Huawei Smartphone [Official and Unofficial]
- Download the latest Huawei USB drivers and installation guide
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device
- Latest Magisk zip and Magisk Manager