Though we have stepped freshly into January 2019, some Verizon devices are still stuck in the last month. What we mean is they are still getting the December 2018 security patch. Speaking of which Verizon Moto Z2 Play is currently getting a new software via OTA. It packs the Android security patch for December 2018 and carries the build number ODSS27.76-12-42-4.
The update has started rolling via OTA (Over the air) for users running stock firmware. As per the release statement, the update is still running on Android 8.0 Oreo firmware and brings the December 2018 Security Patch. There is no much information about the changes that included in the latest update. The update will drop in due course of time. If you feel that the software has delayed enough to show up, you can capture it manually, if the OTA delays to show up. We have outlined the process below.
How To Capture OTA Update on Verizon Moto Z2 Play
To do it,
- Go to your device Settings > System Update
- Now Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
- Tap Restart Now after the software installs to automatically restart your Moto Z2 Play.
Usually, software updates are large files, so grab it using Wi-Fi to save carrier data charges. Alternatively, we will put up the firmware download link which brings the Verizon Moto Z2 Play December 2018 security patch.
ODSS27.76-12-42-4 Firmware Details:
- Release date: December 25, 2018
- Android version: 8.1
- Security patch level (SPL): December 2017 1, 2018
- Build number: ODSS27.76-12-42-4
- File size: 256MB
Download Firmware Here:
Steps to Install Update on Moto Z2 Play (albus)
Still not received the OTA update? then, don’t panic. Here we have the full firmware package and method to install the firmware on your Motorola Moto Z2 Play manually.
- This Update is only for Motorola Moto Z2 Play (albus) users.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download and Install Motorola USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Instructions to InstallGuide to Install Motorola Stock Firmware
So, that’s it. There you are. Now you have successfully flashed the latest December 2018 security patch update on Moto Z2 Play (albus).
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest updates on monthly firmware updates for Motorola smartphones.
- Download and Update ArrowOS on Moto Z2 Play with Android 9.0 Pie
- Download and Update Havoc OS on Moto Z2 Play based 9.0 Pie [GSI]
- List of Best Custom ROM for Motorola Moto Z2 Play [Updated]
- Moto Z2, Z2 Play and Z2 Force Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- Verizon Moto Z2 Play and Z2 Force Stock Firmware Collections