Updated on September 12, 2017: Added the download link to download and install Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nokia 3. Now you can follow our guide to install the latest OTA released for Nokia 3 instead of waiting for the OTA update.
Earlier last month, HMD Global’s Chief Product Officer Juho Sarvikas announced on Twitter that the update of Android 7.1.1 Nougat will be out very soon for Nokia 3. Finally today Nokia started sending the Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nokia 3. We had already shared Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nokia 5 and 6 last month. Today Nokia has started rolling Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nokia 3. The company has gone through a lot of trouble since 2014. Now they have made a re-entry to the Market with many Android devices. With the latest smartphone, the company has promised frequent security update and Android OS update. If you have the Nokia 3 device, you may receive the OTA update on your phone anytime soon. Now you can download and install Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nokia 3.
The latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat is been sent via OTA (Over the Air) and you may receive on your phone anytime soon. If you didn’t receive the OTA update, then don’t worry. You can check for the OTA update just by going Settings –> About Phone –> Software updates and see if you have the update. If not, then manually update Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Nokia 3 by following this tutorial.
Google released Android Oreo for Nexus and Pixel Supported device. HMD Global promised to update Android Oreo for Nokia 3, 5 and 6 this year. If you still can’t wait, then check our list of Android Oreo Custom ROM here.
Table of Contents
What’s in Android 7.1.1 Nougat and its Features?
Android 7.0 Nougat is the new iteration of Google’s new Android Operating System after Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The new OS Android 7.0 has started rolling out from many smartphone manufacturers lately. It is loaded with many features which are not in Android 6.0. This release is Google’s 7th major version of the Android operating system. Google released the Android Nougat first in Beta build to all Nexus and Pixel device. It came out officially on August 22, 2016.
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This Update is only for Nokia 3 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools Zip
- Install the Nokia Device Driver
Step By Step Guide to Manually Install Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nokia 3
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the USB Debugging by going to Settings -> Developer Option and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fast boot Zip file on your PC
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Download Stock ROM for Nokia 3 from above download and save it in ADB folder.
- Now Reboot Nokia 3 smartphone to Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB.
- Plug the phone into PC using USB Cable, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now execute the below command in CMD screen.
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until Installation process Completes.
- Once the Installation completed. Reboot the Phone.