Updated Post July 2016 : Cyanogenmod officially released the update of Cyanogenmod 13 for Oneplus 3 which was released June 2016. Today I will guide you on How to Download and Install Official CyanogenMod 13 on OnePlus 3. Now you can install the official cyanogenMod 13 on Oneplus 3 by using the TWRP Recovery on your phone. If you have no recovery to install any Custom ROM like CM 13 then please follow this guide on How to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3. By installing CM13 on OnePlus 3, you will get a new experience some of the features which you never saw on OXYGEN official ROM from Oneplus 3. Read the guide carefully before installing Official Cyanogenmod 13 on Oneplus 3
CyanogenMod 13 is one of the best custom ROM out there with a big community development. Well, today i will guide you on to Install official CM13 ROM on OnePlus 3. CyanogenMod is a custom ROM built by the community of developer. it is a free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code. It is based on a rolling-release development model. CM13 has a lot of features such as Cyanogenmod Launcher, Themes, Notifications, Lock screen, Buttons, System Profiles, Status Bar, Privacy, etc. Below is the Guide for How to Download and Install Cyanogenmod 13 on OnePlus 3.
If you are here for the unofficial build then See the below Written Quotes about the last month update for the unofficial build.
Last Month update June 16 2016 – Yes, you heard it correct, You can now flash the Cyanogenmod 13 on your brand new Oneplus 3. Oneplus 3 was launched today and we are here with the first custom rom for Oneplus 3 before its kicks out. XDA member Grarak, has developed this ROM with a custom recovery to use. We have already posted the Unlocking Bootloader method, Root amd Install TWRP Recovery etc. So if you have already unlocked bootloader then you are ready to go and if not, then here is the guide to unlock bootloader and Install TWRP
About OnePlus 3
The Oneplus 3 sports a 16MP Camera at the rear with OIS with phase-detection AF, a LED flash light support. It supports 4K Video shooting and Front has 8MP Camera with Electronic image stabilization, which will improve the selfie videos. It also has Fingerprint sensor at the front attached to the home key. Out of box, OnePlus will launch OnePlus 3 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Oxygen OS under the hood and the handset is backed by a 3000mAh battery with Dash Charge support (5V 4A or 20W). Other Connectivity options inclue, Dual Sim, 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPRS/EDGE, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi and USB Type – C Slot
OnePlus 3 is made of anodized aluminum and will come in 2 Color variant – Graphite and Soft Gold.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you dont read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful
ALSO READ :
- How to Unlock bootloader on OnePlus 3
- HOW TO ROOT AND INSTALL TWRP ON ONEPLUS 3
- CM 14 for OnePlus3 Nougat
What Do You need ?
- You need to unlock bootloader of your OnePlus 3 – Click here and Unlock your Bootloader First
- You need to have a custom recovery – Here is the link to Custom TWRP installation Guide : CLICK HERE
- Charge your phone upto 80% or 70%
- Back up your phone before doing this step
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it in C Drive and Rename it to SDK
- You can now download both Official and Unofficial Build of CM13 ROM for OnePlus 3 Below
- Download Google Gapps : CLICK HERE
[button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”http://get.cm/?device=oneplus3″]OFFICIAL CM13 ROM[/button] [button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=Grarak&dl=Grarak/oneplus3/cm-13.0-20160614-UNOFFICIAL-oneplus3.zip”]UNOFFICIAL CM13 ROM[/button]
STEPS FOR HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OFFICIAL CYANOGENMOD 13 ON ONEPLUS 3
- You can download both unofficial and Official Cyanogenmod 13 on Oneplus 3. Choice is yours!
- Download Cyanogenmod 13 and Place the Zip file on your internal memory.
- Also Download the Google Gapps (Google Application) Package – CLICK HERE and place it on your internal memory
- Turn off your phone. Boot into Recovery by Pressing Volume Down + power. Your phone should boot into recovery mode.
- First of all, you need to wipe your phone (Not internal memory)
- Now Click the Install Button and Browse and Select the the Cm13 Zip File
- Swipe to confirm the installation
- Now Go back again and Tap Install Now button
- Browse and Select the Gapps package
- Swipe to Flash the Gapps
- Reboot your phone (Reboot may take few minutes. So be patience)
Currently, encryption is forced on stock ROM, but not on CM 13. If you want to get rid off encryption, then reboot to fast boot and execute:
- Connect your phone to PC, Make sure USB debugging is enabled.
- If not, then go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap 7-8 times on the build number to activate the Developer Option
- Now go to settings and open Developer Option -> Toggle on the USB Debugging
- Turn your phone off, Now boot to fastboot by pressing and holding the Volume UP + Power simultaneously
- Once you see the fastboot, Now connect your phone to PC and open the ADB and Fastboot folder and Press the Shift + Right Mouse button to open the command window
- In the command window, Type the command fastboot format userdata
- This will wipe your data partition, including storage!