Samsung introduced a range of smartphone line up this year which is the Samsung Galaxy M-series. These devices are a mid-range smartphone but, packs in some decent specs for the price they are offered at. The line up includes the Galaxy M10, M20, M30, and M40 Android smartphones. However, if you own a Samsung Galaxy M30 smartphone and is wondering when will the Android 10 update with the new One UI 2.0 update then, you are at the right place. In this post, we will share with you all the new and recent developments around the Android 10 update for the Samsung Galaxy M30 along with the One UI 2.0.
Samsung is pretty slow when you consider software security updates and there are no improvements even after the launch of so many smartphones. They always lag behind a month in rolling out the security updates and the firmware updates take forever. But, there is a slight improvement in the roll-out of the updates after Samsung came up with the One UI for its Galaxy range of devices. As the Android 10 is very recently released, so it is a bit obvious that Samsung will take it an enormous amount of time for tweaking and rolling out the Android 10 updates for all its eligible smartphones.
Table of Contents
Official Samsung Galaxy M30 Android 10 release date: OneUI 2.0
Note that the One UI 2.0 will be based on the Android 10 or the Android Q update and will start rolling out for the compatible devices only after the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S11 series of smartphones which is due for next year. However, Samsung has tested early versions of the Android 10 with the Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series of smartphones. So, you might see the Android 10 rolling out for these flagships a bit sooner than expected.
Besides, there is no information available as to when the Samsung Galaxy M30 will receive the Android 10 or the One UI 2.0 update. But, there will be a lot of information that will be shared at Samsung’s Developer Conference at the end of October 2019. You can check out our previous post to get more details on how the One UI 2.0 will look like by clicking the link below;Samsung’s Android 10 Update with One UI 2.0 Leaked
One UI 2.0 – Features
There are certain reports that claim that Samsung will bring the One UI 2.0 for the Samsung Galaxy smartphones pretty soon. However, the next year’s flagship i.e. the Samsung Galaxy S11 series will come with the One UI 2.1 out of the box with Android 10. One UI 2.0 is expected to come with features like the Digital Wellbeing, Focus Mode that allows the user to concentrate on their work rather than there mobile phones.
Moreover, the One UI 2.0 is expected to arrive at the smartphone later this year or early next year. Besides, the recently launched Galaxy Note 10 series will be the first to get the One UI 2.0 upgrade whenever it is rolled out by Samsung. The Galaxy M series of smartphones that also include the Galaxy M30 is under the Quarterly update cycle of Samsung. However, there are no concrete reports about the One UI 2.0 or the Android 10 for the Samsung Galaxy M30 smartphone.
Android 10 – Details
Google recently unveiled the Android 10 for which the tech fraternity, as well as the mobile world, was waiting for and it does packs in a good amount of new features and customization enhancements. As the first thing to notice was that Google ditched its tradition of naming the Android OS after desserts and will go by the version number from now on. Google also changed the shade of the Android logo to a new lighter shade of green and changed the logo to a half head of the Droid bot. Moreover, the other highlights of the Android 10 that the user can experience are;
Features of Android 10:
- Live Caption: With a single tap on your device, Live Caption will automatically caption the video, podcasts, audio messages, or even the stuff you record yourself. Interestingly, this feature does not require a WiFi or mobile data connection.
- Smart Reply: With this feature, Google has taken the suggestion algorithm to a new level as now you can recommend actions to particular messages and even sets up the Google Map if it requires. Additionally, there is a new Bubble feature like Facebook for a quick reply.
- Sound Amplifier: With Sound Amplifier, your phone can boost sound, filter background noise, and fine-tune to how you hear best. Whether talking, watching TV, or listening to anything, just plug in your headphones and hear everything more clearly.
- Gesture Navigation: Google introduced a new navigation gesture that is more fast, responsive and more intuitive in nature and gives a smooth response.
- Dark Theme: The ever so popular feature of this year, the Dark theme has finally made its way to the Android 10.
- Privacy and Location Controls: User get more control over the privacy settings of all the individual app and they can know which app is accessing which type of data and they can give permission or deny them.
- Security Updates: Google has introduced a new way of sending in security patches via the Google Play Store that allows faster delivery of security updates.
- Focus Mode: The Focus Mode will allow the users to spend more time in the natural environment interacting with people or concentrate on their task rather than being busy with their smartphones.
- Family Link: With the help of this, parents can keep track of their children Android devices and control the screen time limits and app access, etc.
- List of AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM Supported devices [aka Android Q]
- Lineage OS 17: Features, Release Date and Supported Devices
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Android 10 Substratum theme for any Android device
- List of Pixel Experience ROM Supported Devices
- Download Android 10 Stock Wallpapers and Ringtones for your device
Samsung Galaxy M30 Full Specifications
The latest mid-range rocker Galaxy M30 from Samsung released in March 2019. It sports an AMOLED display of 6.4 inches with 1080 x 2340 pixel resolutions. M30 is available in options of 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB of memory and storage. It runs on an octa-core Exynos 7904 with Android 8.1 Oreo. In the camera section, it has 13+5+5 MP lens which comprises of ultrawide, depth sensor & PDAF. Also, this phone comes with a massive non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery.
So, if you have the Galaxy M30, then do stay tuned to all the movements from Samsung. Sooner or later your device is definitely going to taste the Android Pie OS from Google.