Huawei Mate 9 which has the codename hi3660 was launched back in November 2016. The device came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and was later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. The device has a pretty decent set of specifications which makes it a decent pick for anybody looking to buy a device from Huawei. Anyways, since the Device runs on the Android 8.0 Oreo which is not the latest version of Android. People are trying to find a way to install Android 9.0 Pie. Here we will guide to install OmniROM on Huawei Mate 9.
It looks like that you are also looking for a way to install the Android 9.0 Pie on your Huawei Mate 9 Android Device. Well, if we are correct here, then you are in the right place. Today, in this post, we would be covering on the topic, Update OmniROM on Huawei Mate 9 based on Android 9.0 Pie. So without any further, we do, let's jump right into it. Should we?
What is OmniROM?
Just in case, if you don't already know, OmniROM is one of the latest Custom ROM developed by many developers as a group project. This includes developers from Chainfire, Xplodwild, and Dees_Troy. The ROM is based on the AOSP or the Android Open Source Project like most of the Custom ROMs out there. Here are some of the most important features of the OmniROM:
- Flippable Quick Settings
- Roadrunner mode
- Daydream enhancements
- Integrated Performance Control
- 3D depth Phase Beam
- and more.
So now when you know much about the OmniROM, let us take a look at How to Update OmniROM on Huawei Mate 9 based on Android 9.0 Pie. But before we do, we just wanna clear that the OmniROM for the Huawei Mate 9 is still under development and therefore might contain some bugs. So if you are someone who wants a completely stable ROM for your device, you might not install this ROM. With that being said, let us move on to our Download ROM Package section.
Download ROM Package
Android 9.0 Pie based OmniROM
Android 9, as we all already know is the 9th iteration of the Android Operating System for Android Devices. The Android 9 Pie brings a lot of changes with it. These changes include a revamped User interface, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Thanks to XDA Recognized developer: OldDroid
You can download the OmniROM Package for your Huawei Mate 9 by clicking on the download link below:
Download Any Gapps from below:
Now, let us take a look at the Steps to Install OmniROM on Huawei Mate 9 (hi3660). Should we?
Steps to Install OmniROM on Huawei Mate 9 (hi3660)
Before we get straight to the Steps to Install OmniROM on Huawei Mate 9 (hi3660), let us take a look at the prerequisites.
- Supported device name: Huawei Mate 9 (hi3660)
- Supported Model: MHA-L00, MHA-L09, MHA-L29, and MHA-TL00
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge your phone before performing any modification.
- Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- ABD Drivers: Download ADB and Fastboot tools.
- Requirements: You need basically full stock EMUI 8.0, with stock recovery/ramdisk
- Complete backup: Before installing any custom firmware or doing any modification, we recommend you to take a complete backup of your data.
Once you have the above prerequisites, you can follow the Instructions to Install the ROM.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, make sure that you have the ADB Drivers and Fastboot installed on your PC.
- Now, download the ROM Package by clicking on the download link above.
- Open the ADB Folder and open a Powershell/ Command Prompt Window thereby holding the SHIFT key on the keyboard and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Enable USB debugging on your device and connect it to your PC.
- Power Off your Android Device. While powered down, you need to hold down the volume down key of your device, while connecting your device to your PC. If you’ve done it properly, you must see the below screen (or something similar). If you don’t, try again! Note that if you do not show the “PHONE Unlocked” and “FRP Unlock” like shown below, do not continue. Do note that you must have a fully unlocked bootloader in order to continue!
- Now, give the following command to install the OmniROM on Huawei Mate 9.
fastboot flash system "system_img_name".img
- In the above step, replace the system_image_name with the actual file name of the OmniROM file you downloaded.
- Once the installation process has been completed, you have to reboot your device. give the following command.
- Before starting your device, you will need to perform a factory reset in stock recovery.
- To boot into recovery on your device, power off your device.
- Then, hold down the Power + Vol Up at the same time, and keep them held until the Huawei logo appears on your screen. If you did it correctly, you’ll see the below screen.
- Tap on the “Wipe data/factory reset” button
- Reboot your Android device and begin enjoying the ROM!
That's it! You have successfully installed the OmniROM on your Android Device. This was our take on Update OmniROM on Huawei Mate 9 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or had any questions related to the topic. Then, feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.