Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (codename: hi6250) launched in January 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. Today we will guide on How to Install OmniROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. This ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to unlock bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably might be waiting for Custom ROM for Huawei P8 Lite 2017. If yes, then here is the popular custom ROM known as Omni ROM.
Talking about the specifications, Huawei P8 Lite 2017 features an 8.0 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1200 x 1920 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm) processor under Adreno 512 GPU. The handset packs 32/64GB variant with 3/4GB of RAM. Huawei P8 Lite 2017 sports a Single rear camera with a 13MP camera and Selfie camera with a 5MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo under MIUI 9.0 software package and backed by 6000 mAh battery.
What’s on OmniROM?
Omni ROM is the latest Custom ROM developed by many developers whom you may already know including Chainfire, Xplodwild, and Dees_Troy. This ROM is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and developed with lots of customization, features, and enhancement. Just like every other custom ROM, Omni ROM also has some unique features:
- Flippable Quick Settings
- Roadrunner mode
- Daydream enhancements
- Integrated Performance Control
- 3D depth Phase Beam
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (Prague)
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 [Updated]
- Download and Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- How To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Huawei P8 Lite 2017
In this guide, we will help you to install Omni ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (hi6250). Full Credits to the developer and Omni ROM team.
Now download and install OmniROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. This is an Unofficial Omni ROM built from source code by XDA member. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 by flashing the Stock Firmware.
Remember this is not a stable ROM, but still, you can use it as a daily driver. In Case if you find any issue, you can revert back. The ROM is under development stage, the developer may soon release the stable version anytime soon.
To Install OmniROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install TWRP Recovery on your Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
Download ROM Package
Android 9.0 Pie based OmniROM
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
|Download ROM here
Download Any Gapps from below:
Steps to Install OmniROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (hi6250)
Follow the pre-requisites to install OmniROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (hi6250)
- This will work on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (hi6250) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Instal
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Now install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Omni Oreo ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the OmniROM on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.