Huawei P9 Plus (codename: VIE) was launched in April 2016. The device came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. Today we will guide on How to Install OmniROM on Huawei P9 Plus. This ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Full Credits to the team behind OpenKirin.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need to unlock the bootloader. If you have already unlocked, then go ahead and download the OmniROM for Huawei P9 Plus and follow our instructions.
Omni ROM is the latest Custom ROM developed by many developers whom you may already know including Chainfire, Xplodwild, and Dees_Troy. This ROM is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and developed with lots of customization, features, and enhancement. Just like every other custom ROM, Omni ROM also has some unique features:
- Flippable Quick Settings
- Roadrunner mode
- Daydream enhancements
- Integrated Performance Control
- 3D depth Phase Beam
In this guide, we will help you to install Omni ROM on Huawei P9 Plus (VIE). Full Credits to the developer and Omni ROM team.
Now download and install OmniROM on Huawei P9 Plus. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM on Huawei P9 Plus by flashing the Stock Firmware.
Remember this is not a stable ROM, but still, you can use it as a daily driver. In Case if you find any issue, you can revert back. The ROM is under development stage, the developer may soon release the stable version anytime soon.
Download ROM Package
Android 9.0 Pie based OmniROM
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google's Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Thanks to XDA Recognized developer: OldDroid
|Download ROM here|
Download Any Gapps from below:
Steps to Install OmniROM on Huawei P9 Plus (VIE)
Follow the pre-requisites to install OmniROM on Huawei P9 Plus (VIE)
- Supported device name: Huawei P9 Plus (VIE)
- Supported Model: VIE-L09, and VIE-L29
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge your phone before performing any modification.
- Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- ABD Drivers: Download ADB and Fastboot tools.
- Requirements: You need basically full stock EMUI 8.0, with stock recovery/ramdisk
- Complete backup: Before installing any custom firmware or doing any modification, we recommend you to take a complete backup of your internal storage.
Instructions to Instal
- First of all, download the ADB and Fastboot tool and extract in your C:/ drive
- Now download the ROM and extract it using WinRar or 7Zip on your PC to the same folder containing ADB driver.
- First of all, you have to factory reset your Android device.
- While in the ADB folder, hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select the option ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or 'Command window'
- Enable USB debugging on your device and connect it to the PC.
- You can power off your device. While powered down, hold down the volume down key of your device, while connecting your device to your PC with the USB cable. If you’ve done it properly, you should see the below screen (or similar). If you don’t, try again! Note that if you do not show the “PHONE Unlocked” and “FRP Unlock” like shown below, do not continue. You must have a fully unlocked bootloader in order to continue!
- Now, give the following command to install the OmniROM on Huawei P9 Plus.
fastboot flash system "system_img_name".img
- In the above step, replace the system_image_name with the actual file name of the GSI file you downloaded.
- It will take a while to install. After that, you have to reboot your device. give the following command.
- Before booting up the ROM, you will need to perform a factory reset in stock recovery.
- To boot into recovery, power off your device. Then hold down Power + Vol Up at the same time, and keep them held until the Huawei/Honor logo appears on your screen. If you did it correctly, you’ll see the below screen (or similar screen
- Press the “Wipe data/factory reset” button
- Reboot your device and begin enjoying the ROM!
That's it! I hope you have installed the OmniROM on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Huawei P9 Plus Specifications:
Huawei P9 Plus features a 5.5 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 4x2.5 GHz Cortex-A72 HiSilicon Kirin 955 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei P9 Plus comes with Dual 12 MP + 12 MP, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR and 8 MP front shooting camera.
Huawei P9 Plus runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, upgradable to 7.0 Nougat with Emotion UI 4.1 or 5.0 and backed by Li-Po 3400 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.