Moto G (first gen) is an Android smartphone developed and manufactured by Motorola Mobility. It was released on 13 November 2013. It came out of the box with Android 4.3 Jellybean and later upgraded to Android Lollipop. As we know this phone has no support to receive an Android update from Motorola. Today we will guide on How to Install OmniROM on Moto G (falcon). This ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to unlock bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on Moto G. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably might be waiting for Custom ROM for Moto G. If yes, then here is the first Custom ROM based on Android Oreo was known as Omni ROM.
Omni ROM is the latest Custom ROM developed by many developers whom you may already know including Chainfire, Xplodwild, and Dees_Troy. This ROM is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and developed with lots of customization, features, and enhancement. Just like every other custom ROM, Omni ROM also has some unique features:
- Flippable Quick Settings
- Roadrunner mode
- Daydream enhancements
- Integrated Performance Control
- 3D depth Phase Beam
In this guide, we will help you to install Omni ROM on Moto G. This ROM is developed by XDA Senior member, sub77 in XDA forum. Full Credits to the developer and Omni ROM team.
Now download and install OmniROM on Moto G (falcon). This is an Unofficial Omni ROM built from source code by XDA member. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM on Moto G by flashing the Stock Firmware.
Remember this is not a stable ROM, but still, you can use it as a daily driver. In Case if you find any issue, you can revert back. The ROM is under development stage, the developer may soon release the stable version anytime soon.
If you want to try Android 8.1.0 Oreo OS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install OmniROM on Moto G based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
To Install OmniROM on Moto G or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install TWRP Recovery on your Moto G.
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
- Auto Fills
- This will work on Moto G (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Here is the Full Guide on OmniROM on Moto G to Android 8.1 Oreo (falcon)
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Moto G
- Now install TWRP Recovery on Moto G. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Omni Oreo ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Omni Oreo ROM on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.